Hello from Windsor

rps

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a newbie to the use. I have a Gold Tone Little Gem and love it.
I play a little guitar, banjo and bass....but I am beginning to love the uke...what a fun instrument.

"I play a little guitar"

Around here, we call 'em ukuleles.

Only joking, rps - welcome aboard!

John Colter.

Hello all,

I play a little guitar, banjo and bass....but I am beginning to love the uke...what a fun instrument.

Welcome to UU. The Uke is a great instrument and a part of the Guitar ‘family’, it can be used for playing classical music or strummed in the style George Formby. I think that the Little Gem is a Ukulele Banjo - great fun if perhaps a bit strident for some groups - and you might like to get something like a Kala KA-C to complement it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Littl...ocphy=9045572&hvtargid=pla-568443150889&psc=1

If you’re not in a Uke Club already then please look one out, Club playing is great fun. A quick search on-line produced a U3A group in Windsor and they can probably put you in contact with other groups local to you.
Edit. Of course I was thinking of (well known) Windsor U.K. here, however I find that there are other places sharing that name.

Good luck with your Ukulele journey. Ukes don’t need to cost a lot but they sure do give folk a lot of fun.

Last edited:
"I play a little guitar"

Around here, we call 'em ukuleles.

Only joking, rps - welcome aboard!

John Colter.

I took that to mean he/she plays a little bit of guitar, banjo and bass . . .

Hello all,

Welcome to UU! Be careful, though. We are all pretty much addicted to this uke. More will be in your future . . .

Thanx Graham, I have indeed joined a local group called The Windsor Uke Circle...great times.

Thanx Jan. I’m not so sure Uke players are any different from guitar and banjo players. Most I know have quite a few instruments. I have two banjos, a classical guitar, and electric and a 12 string...I guess we players like to collect.

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a tenor scale.....I am interested in the Godin MultiUke...maybe I will collect ukes as well.

This is purely coincidental, last Friday I was at a local hole in the wall called "The Railyard" in Mission BC.

The performers were from Windsor - Mark Crampsie on guitar and Jennie Brice on violin. Mark lives in Windsor and Jennie now lives here in BC. They played in a foursome in Windsor many years ago. This was the first time playing together in roughly 20 years.

Great talent, the spoke fondly of the Windsor music scene and the influence of Detroit being so close.

Welcome!

Top Bottom