Anyone use a Godin Multiuke

rps

Reaction score
I am interested in a Godin Multiuke but can't seem to find one to try out to see if I would like it.

Any opinions on the Godin? Thanx.

check out gotaukulele on youtube I'm almost sure Barry Maz did a review on one some years ago, he used to gig with it as well, hope this is of some help to you

I bought a used one here in the Marketplace a few months ago, I love it, great feel, great sound, it's even good without an amp. I see them every-once-in-awhile on eBay. I paid $400, great deal.

Godin Multiuke sunburst mine 843.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Mike, lovely colour. That finish would be my choice. If I may, how does it sound and play. Is the neck comparable to other tenors...

Wow, Mike, you stole that thing!

I have two friends who play them, and they paid a lot more for theirs. They are both tenors, and they both love them.

Mike, lovely colour. That finish would be my choice. If I may, how does it sound and play. Is the neck comparable to other tenors...

From the moment I put my hands on it I knew it was something special. It was low G, which i don't like, I put on a set of Martin fluorocarbons that I had sitting around. As I mentioned, great feel, great sound. It's one of the most comfortable necks I've ever used. One thing I still have to do is smooth over the corner of the nut, think I'll pull out my nail clip and file it right now.

Wow, Mike, you stole that thing! I have two friends who play them, and they paid a lot more for theirs. They are both tenors, and they both love them.

I know. Interesting story about it, a couple of weeks before, I was surfing eBay and saw an Ovation sunburst tenor uke that I've been longing for because my first new guitar in 1975 was a sunburst Ovation. There were no bids after 2 days and it had a $400 buy it now price. I decided to limit my bid to $295, which carried for the next four days when someone made a lower bid. As the hour approached my bid stood until literally the last 5 seconds when someone outbid me. For the next two weeks I kicked myself for not buying it outright for the $400, then I saw the Godin in the Marketplace for $400 and jumped on it. When it arrived, I was so glad I didn't buy the Ovation, the Godin is head and shoulders better.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I owned one for about one year. Absolutely fabulous instruments, great neck with a slightly radiused fret board. Ease of playability was first rate, excellent set up right out of the box. If you play plugged in a lot this is the best amplified tone straight in. If you look at my list of instruments all tenors have either LR Baggs 5.0 OR Misi pickups. Even the most expensive custom with the best pick didn't sound quite as good plugged straight in as the Godin Multiuke. I sold it to a member here and he loves it, he happens to own a Moore Bettah. I play mostly acoustic so that is why I sold it, I have my others with pick ups for stage performances.

A friend has one she wants to sell. If you contact me--by email--(terizipf@gmail.com) I'll put you in touch with her. It's virtually unplayed, in pristine condition. She didn't realize it has to be strung reentrant when she bought it and won't play anything that is. If you say a price you'd be willing to pay, she'd appreciate it, as she's having a hard time setting one.

Hi Ziret, a question if I may. I am new to ukes so when your friend says she doesn’t like the re-entrant tuning does she mean the high G vs the low G. I was under the impression the godin could take the low G.

Hi Ziret, a question if I may. I am new to ukes so when your friend says she doesn’t like the re-entrant tuning does she mean the high G vs the low G. I was under the impression the godin could take the low G.

She doesn't like high G. I know nothing about the Multiuke, but if you're interested, I can put you in touch with her. Honestly, I could have her reason for wanting to sell wrong, as well, so you could very well be correct.

Multiuke can take low G. I don't like low-G on an ukulele, if I want linear tuning, which is what happens with low-G, I'll play a guitar again. To me, what makes the uke unique is the re-entrant tuning.

I owned one for about one year. Absolutely fabulous instruments, great neck with a slightly radiused fret board. Ease of playability was first rate, excellent set up right out of the box. If you play plugged in a lot this is the best amplified tone straight in. If you look at my list of instruments all tenors have either LR Baggs 5.0 OR Misi pickups. Even the most expensive custom with the best pick didn't sound quite as good plugged straight in as the Godin Multiuke. I sold it to a member here and he loves it, he happens to own a Moore Bettah. I play mostly acoustic so that is why I sold it, I have my others with pick ups for stage performances.

I bought the above-mentioned Multiuke. It’s great when plugged in and is very happily strung low-G.

I've played them before at a few gigs. Great neck, excellent fit and finish, easy to amplify well. They're probably the simplest solution for robust live sound.

Yeah I do, and as referenced earlier in the thread - perfromed countless gigs with it for a couple of years. They are a soundmans dream - so easy to run into a desk. Also, contrary to the comments, I had mine permanently low G with no issue - you just need a narrow low G string as the saddle intonation cannot be adjusted.

What I don't like about them is that the prices seem to have gone up stupidly. Economics I guess, but i don't think I would buy one again at the current asking price.

Here was my take - apologies - really old review and crappy video.

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2013/08/godin-multiuke-tenor-electro-ukulele.html

multiuke.jpg

I picked up a special edition trans blue a few years ago. It's been my most played uke for quite some time. I love everything about it. I've often though about picking up another standard model (because that's what we do, just keep buying more ukes!) but as Baz mentioned the pricing seems to have gone through the roof on these.

I bought one off of reverb for a decent price a year or so ago, and it has become my go-to uke for playing plugged in (which is how I mostly play). My only real complaint is that it is fairly heavy for a uke.

I would love it if they came out with 8-string and baritone versions!

It came strung high-g and I have yet to change the strings on it. Sometimes I play it right into the board, and sometimes I go through a Boss VE-8. I've gotten a ton of comments about how good it sounds.

- FiL

Absolutely love my Multiuke! One of the most comfortable necks I've ever felt. Mine is currently tuned to a high G, but think I may switch that up at some point. I have the Koa front. As stated above, if I hadn't bought it when the price was lower, I'm not sure I would have it, but if you're interested in a solid/chambered body uke with nylon strings, I haven't seen anything better.

I bought a Mulituke right after the price change in Dec. 2018. Was looking at electric solid body ukes,nylon strings. Price was a consideration. The Pono's and Godin where on the high end, a little more costly than I was thinking or just save a little more over time. Was also looking at the the UFOS from Antica Ukuleleria, funky looking but more in my price range. When I saw the price jump on the Godin--about $400 or so--I thought oh well I guess I'll have to look elsewhere, was not going to spend much over $800 give or take. In January 2019 I saw a new one online listed at the old price, was likely stocked before the price change. Bought it! It's my only plug in ukulele and I'm having fun with it. Have kept the strings as they are for now, high g. May play around with low g in the future. If you can get a used one at a good price and condition I'd say give one a try.

I have the sunburst style as pictured previously above. Lovely instrument to look at and play. Little quiet unplugged but loud enough to appreciate if just playing with one , two or by yourself. Very nice tone. Sounds great to strum , pick or chord melody. a keeper for sure.

I have one that I bought at the old price. I got the natural cedar top. It has 4 single-string pickups that double as the saddle. It has a built in pre-amp and basic volume & tone controls. 1.375" nut width.

Absolutely one of the most comfortable necks to play with the radiused fretboard. But it is heavy. You can string it Low-G. I believe it comes with D'Addario Titanium strings rebranded as Godin. Comes with a nice Godin Gig bag. I have yet to find a hard case that it fits.

You can find excellent used ones for $400-600 USD. But they are getting scarce.

Top Bottom