Season 382 Connections

Graham (Not Another Linda) covered Sailing which was written by Gavin Sutherland.
Sutherland is a county in the far Northwest of Scotland
There is a village in Sutherland called Kylesku which lies in a neck of land between two sea lochs and used to be the site of free ferry until it they built a bridge there.
The Waters of Kylesku is a traditonal Scottish Waltz
Another Scottish Waltz named after a place is the Northern Lights of Old Aberdeen
So... I put them together, played them on a tenor recorder, added some accompaniment by a tenor ukulele and a U-Bass, made a video by messing around with some pictures of quilts I have taken over the years and here, for better or worse is the result.

Berni requested it ... I'm doing it. On the Firefly! I hope you're singing at the appropriate places!

"Bye, Bye, Baby (Baby Goodbye)" was written by Bob Crewe and
>Bob Gaudio
of
>The Four Seasons
who debuted on vinyl as
>The Four Lovers
with a 1956 single featuring the
>Otis Blackwell
song "You're the Apple of My Eye." Blackwell also wrote
>"Fever"
(originally recorded by Little Willie John and made famous by Peggy Lee)
>Susan Cadogan
recorded a beautiful version of "Fever" in 1969 with producer
>Lee Perry
who also produced
>Winston Heywood and the Hombres
1976(?) single
>"Backbiting"
to which I happen to know the chords :p

I wish I had time to make more connections---keep having fun y'all!

I interrupt this season to announce that Season 383 is now available so you can start preparing.

Don't forget that the current season still has a day and a half to run so

Back to season 382

Morning all. The sun is shining here, it’s Father’s Day and I’ve just received the new Divine Comedy record, it doesn’t get much better than this. Except it does...because I’m hosting Season 382 :rock:

There are now 76 songs on the playlist. Songs of every hue, it’s marvelous. I know we’re entering the final day, give or or take, of the Season, and I know thoughts and ukuleles with start to gravitate towards Geoff’s tantalising theme for 383. There’s still time to get your connecting songs in though, plus, don’t forget, if you’re struggling for a song, you could do the Seasons theme song, Tainted Love, FOR FREE!

Here's an instrumental version of "Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the Fr^H^HRabbit (?!) more-or-less as tabbed by Ukulelehunt.

Bye Bye Baby was sung by Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons
Meta-connection: Season Four was Oscar Nominated songs, and fourth on that PlayList was Naitbliss' "Rainbow Connection"

Season 382 is officially closed now. I was tempted to let it go on a bit longer but the lady at the end of Rex’s video above was having none of it! Thank you Rex for closing us out, Pa for kicking us off, and all of you in between for making this a fun week for me. Hope you enjoyed it too. Wrap by the end of the week at latest :)

Thanks for a great week, John ... the theme was a really clever idea! Many congrats to the winners! (Enjoyed the Wrap, but I failed to grasp the concept of the "harpo" ... however, I shall be delighted to purchase one when they come into production.)

Funny stuff John, I wasn't expecting that. Just wondering, will it be available through Amazon ?
Thanks for a fine Season too, enjoyed it mate.

Thanks Graham, well the Harpo will probably need one of these kickstarter funds, but yes, I’d like to think that one day every home will have a Harpo in it.

Wonderfully original theme for the week John - with the unchallenged tenuous nature of the connections resulting in an almost free choice of songs for us all! Brilliant! Congrats to the winners!

My concern regarding the harmonica device you’ve invented is that if fitted incorrectly it could leave several small dents in the instrument, known as Harpo marks, which could render it completely silent! ;)

Wonderfully original theme for the week John - with the unchallenged tenuous nature of the connections resulting in an almost free choice of songs for us all! Brilliant! Congrats to the winners!

My concern regarding the harmonica device you’ve invented is that if fitted incorrectly it could leave several small dents in the instrument, known as Harpo marks, which could render it completely silent! ;)
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Top Bottom