Season 382 Connections

One Man And His Uke

Reaction score

Season 382
Connections. Your song needs to have a connection, however tenuous, to this song, or any of the songs that follow it. So, as more songs are posted, more opportunities for connections will appear. You need to explain the connection, however convoluted it is.

For example, if the first song were “Life On Mars” by David Bowie, you could follow with a clear connection....another song by Bowie, or you could think, well, Rick Wakeman played piano on “Life On Mars” and play a song by Yes. The lyrics mention Mickey Mouse, so you could play a Disney song, or explore the rodent connection by playing The Boomtown Rats. So you can connect by the artist, the song’s lyric, the song’s subject matter, the personnel who played on, or produced the record, the date they recorded it, what they had for lunch on the day they recorded it, it’s all good.

Just to be clear, your start song is Bye Bye Baby, not Life On Mars :cool:

Let your minds be free to find connections where they will.

Don’t worry if you post a song and the one you are connecting it to isn’t the previous song, it doesn’t matter. You could be posting a song on Friday that connects with a song done on Monday. It would be very difficult to do linear connections anyway, so tangents and convoluted links are where it’s at baby! Have fun. If you think it’s right, that’s good enough for me.

Season Starts when 00.00 Sunday Hawaiian time rolls round, and finishes 23.59 Hawaiian time next Sunday.

You will need to state which of the previous songs you are connecting to, and what your connection with your song is. As I say, obvious or obscure, and all points in between.

Your video should state it’s for Season 382, be newly recorded for the Season and feature the ukulele as main instrument . Multitracking, collabs are all fine.

Originals are welcome so long as there is a connection somewhere.

There will be a prize/prizes though I have no idea what they will be yet, or how I will choose the winners.

Three song per day limit to start with. Try to keep to it if you can. If you can’t, see my in my study after class for detention.

Don’t forget Ryan’s Doctor Season still has a day to go.

As Mufasa so wisely says, we are all connected in the great circle of life. So get connecting.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTNUmu6DfdZkJ-2yXQOn__gN7sd-Ry6Aj

Last edited:
Very cool and original idea John! Look forward to seeing how this unfolds ~

Now THAT is clever, Sir!!!

Great theme, John!

I'm already deep, deep inside the rabbit hole mate. Great idea.

I like the way your brain works John of the North

Regards

John of the South..................................................connection made

Oh, nifty!
I’m looking forward to seeing where this ends up!

Wrapped up another year of school yesterday and get this gem of a rabbit hole today? I am really stoked on this theme. Already learning some things too!
For instance, and this is low hanging fruit here...Juice Newton (has the world not been waiting for ukulele JN covers) is also from New Jersey but here is the really fun part. She began playing with folks at Foothill Junior College in Los Altos California.
The very same Foothill Junior College where KFJC is located, and where about a million years ago I tuned in well past my bedtime and heard a band called the Stranglers doing a song called “Peaches”.
My musical landscape has not been the same since.
Then it dawns in me that you are English and may not be thinking Franki Valli at all...whoop. New Rabbit hole.
Anyway- great theme here mate

Last edited:
Question. Once we post a video are we then able to connect to it ourselves? Because I'm about to open a rich vein I'd love to mine but not sure if that's cheating or not

Question. Once we post a video are we then able to connect to it ourselves? Because I'm about to open a rich vein I'd love to mine but not sure if that's cheating or not
Go for it Ryan, so long as there’s a connection that’s fine by me.

Wrapped up another year of school yesterday and get this gem of a rabbit hole today? I am really stoked on this theme. Already learning some things too!
For instance, and this is low hanging fruit here...Juice Newton (has the world not been waiting for ukulele JN covers) is also from New Jersey but here is the really fun part. She began playing with folks at Foothill Junior College in Los Altos California.
The very same Foothill Junior College where KFJC is located, and where about a million years ago I tuned in well past my bedtime and heard a band called the Stranglers doing a song called “Peaches”.
My musical landscape has not been the same since.
Then it dawns in me that you are English and may not be thinking Franki Valli at all...whoop. New Rabbit hole.
Anyway- great theme here mate
This is the kind of labyrinthine thinking I’m hoping to get this week. Looking forward to what you bring Dave.

This is the kind of labyrinthine thinking I’m hoping to get this week. Looking forward to what you bring Dave.

You are looking for connections to a David Bowie song and "labarynthine" thinking? Was that intentional.

You are looking for connections to a David Bowie song and "labarynthine" thinking? Was that intentional.
No Robin, your starter song is “Bye Bye Baby”. I used “Life On Mars” as an example to show the kinds of paths you can wander down to make a connection :)

Top Bottom