Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 382 Connections

Quote Originally Posted by Barbablanca View Post
    Nearly fell of my chair laughing at that. Off to listen to it on YouTube.
    That one gave me a much needed laugh as well

Don’t have a lot of time this week, but when an 80s synth classic is declared the season anthem I’ll somehow find an extra couple of hours from somewhere!

So, for all the reasons Lynda and Dave have already done this fabulous song - and also because our glorious host has invited more versions of it - here’s mine:

Dave did New Order. You know I love me some New Order! Surprisingly I’ve never learned this song before...

ok, this season is totally addictive! i've given up all hope of doing the other things i wanted to do, this week! the rabbit holes here are just too tempting! i tried for a more convuluted connection to this song...

starting from two of my other songs for this season, chrome sitar and chrome ukulele... chrome reminds me of the bike i had when i was a kid, it had a lot of chrome on it, and it took alot of polishing! memories of that bike make me think of "i want to ride my bicycle" by queen - which makes me think of freddie mercury... mercury makes me think of a thermometer... a thermometer makes me think of temperature... and that makes me think about the unseasonably low temperatures and cold weather here in the UK right now... which leads me to my sighting on tuesday of an abominable snowman here in london... well i wouldn't have been surprised to see one! it's freezing!!

"abominable snowman seen in june" - a homemade song for the season

lynda

we're moving like a parallelogram

Wheels - The Flying Burrito Brothers

The connection: I saw NotAnotherLinda's song from the Sutherland Bros. and figured there were quite a few other acts with brothers in their name. Of course, there are no actual blood brothers in The Flying Burrito Brothers, as a matter of fact, that band name doesn't seem to make any sense at all. Maybe that's why I like it so much Anyway, I overdubbed some harmonica and gnarly Diddly Bow noise on this one. Looking forward to catching up on everyone else's songs now that I got this done.

Some of these ‘connections’ are hilariously convoluted - is there a prize for the most tenuous connection, John?

Good moaning, as Officer Crabtree would say, from a cold and wet North of England . On the plus side though, how fab it is to wake up to a new bunch of songs, it’s almost like opening birthday presents . We have 41 songs on the playlist now and the quality is just so high right across the board. Del, your suggestion is a good un, and therefore, yes, there will be a prize for the best and most convoluted connection.

Keep them coming folks, and remember, anyone can have a Tainted Love for free as it’s now the Season theme tune.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man And His Uke View Post
    Del, your suggestion is a good un, and therefore, yes, there will be a prize for the best and most convoluted connection.
    I think you are currently in pole position for your own prize, John!

Quote Originally Posted by DelGriff View Post
    I think you are currently in pole position for your own prize, John!
    Ha ha. While that would save me a bob or two, I can’t give the prize to myself. I’m out of the race

Since "Tainted Love" is now the theme of the week, I had to be a little different, so I counter it and connect it with a song by The Derailers called "Tarnished Love". Another connection is to Berni's original about adultery. In this song, there's cheating, but they still stay together. AlanDP was kind enough to sing harmony on it with me, and he plays lap steel on the turn around!

Thread Information