Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 382 Connections

I like the way your brain works John of the North

Regards

John of the South............................................. .....connection made

Oh, nifty!
    I’m looking forward to seeing where this ends up!

Wrapped up another year of school yesterday and get this gem of a rabbit hole today? I am really stoked on this theme. Already learning some things too!
    For instance, and this is low hanging fruit here...Juice Newton (has the world not been waiting for ukulele JN covers) is also from New Jersey but here is the really fun part. She began playing with folks at Foothill Junior College in Los Altos California.
    The very same Foothill Junior College where KFJC is located, and where about a million years ago I tuned in well past my bedtime and heard a band called the Stranglers doing a song called “Peaches”.
    My musical landscape has not been the same since.
    Then it dawns in me that you are English and may not be thinking Franki Valli at all...whoop. New Rabbit hole.
    Anyway- great theme here mate
    Last edited by TCK; 06-08-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Question. Once we post a video are we then able to connect to it ourselves? Because I'm about to open a rich vein I'd love to mine but not sure if that's cheating or not
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Quote Originally Posted by TCK View Post
    Stranglers doing a song called “Peaches”.
    Please let this happen
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    Question. Once we post a video are we then able to connect to it ourselves? Because I'm about to open a rich vein I'd love to mine but not sure if that's cheating or not
    Go for it Ryan, so long as there’s a connection that’s fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by TCK View Post
    Wrapped up another year of school yesterday and get this gem of a rabbit hole today? I am really stoked on this theme. Already learning some things too!
    For instance, and this is low hanging fruit here...Juice Newton (has the world not been waiting for ukulele JN covers) is also from New Jersey but here is the really fun part. She began playing with folks at Foothill Junior College in Los Altos California.
    The very same Foothill Junior College where KFJC is located, and where about a million years ago I tuned in well past my bedtime and heard a band called the Stranglers doing a song called “Peaches”.
    My musical landscape has not been the same since.
    Then it dawns in me that you are English and may not be thinking Franki Valli at all...whoop. New Rabbit hole.
    Anyway- great theme here mate
    This is the kind of labyrinthine thinking I’m hoping to get this week. Looking forward to what you bring Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by One Man And His Uke View Post
    This is the kind of labyrinthine thinking I’m hoping to get this week. Looking forward to what you bring Dave.
    You are looking for connections to a David Bowie song and "labarynthine" thinking? Was that intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by robinboyd View Post
    You are looking for connections to a David Bowie song and "labarynthine" thinking? Was that intentional.
    No Robin, your starter song is “Bye Bye Baby”. I used “Life On Mars” as an example to show the kinds of paths you can wander down to make a connection

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbaroque View Post
    I like the way your brain works John of the North

Regards

John of the South............................................. .....connection made
    Thanks John Of The South

Thread Information