FS: New Pineapple Sunday Prototype from Alvin (Pops) Okami

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
My friend, master luthier Alvin (Pops) Okami, founder of KoAloha Ukulele, sent me three of these Signature Pineapple Sunday prototypes to sell to help kids in our Non-profit, MainStage Center for the Arts, travel to Hawaii this summer to perform. The trip is very expensive and these ukuleles will go a long way in helping to keep the cost down for the kids. These ukuleles are brand new and handcrafted by Pops, himself. Two of the ukuleles were sold, sight unseen, as these are prototypes and certain to be collector's items. The last set of prototypes from Pop's original batch sold for thousands of dollars to collectors. I have one Pineapple Sunday Prototype left. If interest, shoot me a Private Message. Here is what Alvin (Pops) says about this Prototype and how it differers from his Signature Classic:

Here are the features of this batch:
A. The pegs are normally black oxide but we ran out and I had to substitute the gold finished Geared tuners.
B. The fretboard and the bridge have been changed to ebony wood for a more smoother action along the entire fretboard. Ebony also contributes to elevate the "looks" of the ukulele making it very distinguished and classy.
C. The fret dots have been replaced by curly maple fret "bands" that are original to this ukulele. I would venture to say that UkeSA and KoAloha are the first and only ukulele makers that have inaugurated this original feature on the Pineapple Sunday model.
E. The debossed grid on the face has been minimalized to accent the beauty of the koa instead of drawing attention to the former elaborate grid pattern.
The MSRP for this version is $1900.00
bfss74GiSF655kB6MkusVw.jpguWKrVkLpR2mZr4OgD61aSA.jpgE2pLlGcRS6iQdypAO9mESw.jpgrCfrB0H2SBGk8I4vCuKJdQ.jpgS0jny3y7TlGDgxJaBqvejQ.jpg

Last edited:
Classy indeed. That is one good lookin' Pineapple Sunday.

Kudos to Pops Okami for generously supporting this cause.

Alas, I am not in the market right now. Best of luck with this sale. I hope it contributes a substantial amount for the kids.

What a beauty.
And what a generous contribution!

The signature Koaloha headstock design seems to belong on this uke!

Great to hear Ed! SO glad to hear of the KoAloha brand doing great things for your community as well!

Top Bottom