FS: aNueNue Moon Bird Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

YogiTom

Reaction score
(Reposting to avoid price confusion as reported by other members)

Since I now have a glut of vintage sopranos, prompting some consternation from my wonderfully wise wife, this has gotten zero playtime since my NUD and sound sample/review.

Video to my review is below and link to the original HMS listing with photos and sound sample is here.

Asking $1000 (US buyers only) since it has been played twice since I received it. This price includes:

- fully insured USPS Priority 2-Day Shipping anywhere in the US
- the original blue leather hardshell case
- an Oasis humidifier
- 3-day return policy. If you don’t like it, send it back and I’ll refund the purchase price. (You are responsible for return shipping fees)

PayPal only; I’m happy to pay the seller’s fees to ensure we are both protected.

Please email me with questions or offers: tom.uker at gmail.com

Last edited:
Wow, you reduced the price. BTW, I thought the other way was quite clearly a model # as there was no $.

Wow, you reduced the price. BTW, I thought the other way was quite clearly a model # as there was no $.

Yeah, I realized if I was going to list this elsewhere, too, that I would give a slight discount to our community. I’d rather someone here buys it than a random on Reverb where it is also listed.

And I appreciate your support on my original listing. I thought it was very clearly the model number (concert being UC200, tenor being UT200). I also wanted a clear thread without the first comments being tire-kicking opinions about how I should list it. If two people were confused enough to write about it, that was too many.

Awmaaaan, it's so cute! I can only have one soprano, dammit!

Full disclosure to those interested: I have listed this same ukulele at $1,200 (my original asking price) on Reverb, Fleamarket, and eBay.

As I mentioned above, I would prefer to sell this one within the community here if at all possible, hence why it is only $1,000 here. Just like y’all better, I guess.

Last edited:
If I played soprano, I'd be grabbing this one. The Moon Birds are well built, fun to play ukuleles, and the sound sample for the soprano was impressive.

Sorry that you have to let this go already, but if it's between your wife or the ukulele, I suspect you're making the right choice. :)
Someone is going to be getting a hard-to-find, great ukulele.

If I played soprano, I'd be grabbing this one. The Moon Birds are well built, fun to play ukuleles, and the sound sample for the soprano was impressive.

Sorry that you have to let this go already, but if it's between your wife or the ukulele, I suspect you're making the right choice. :)
Someone is going to be getting a hard-to-find, great ukulele.

Thanks. This is actually being sold so that I can try to buy an amazingly cute, 1940-1950s Harmony soprano(?) banjo ukulele. She said I could buy it if I sold another uke...and since this is least played in my family, it needs to go to a loving home, as much as I wish it could stay in mine.
3A694AE1-A4EC-480F-8492-D2DA4B1BCE5A.jpg

Sounds great! Is the nut width 1.5, or the standard 1 3/8" ?? Also..is the attachment a link to the actual instrument purchased from HMS?

Last edited:
Wow, I wish I could afford it.
But...it would come down to, am I going to play my Loprinzi, or this.
Geez.

Sounds great! Is the nut width 1.5, or the standard 1 3/8" ?? Also..is the attachment a link to the actual instrument purchased from HMS?

The nut width is 36mm (1-13/32"), so slightly wider than standard 35mm/1-3/8". String spread as measured from the inside of the 1st to the 4th string is 29.5mm at the first fret and 41.5mm down at the saddle.

As for the link, yes, that is the original HMS listing for this uke, serial #15739. I am the original owner, having bought it from them late last month. The YouTube video is from my NUD review.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions or take other measurements!

Bump with one and only price drop. Now asking $1,000. This price includes shipping anywhere in the US (AK, HI, and territories included), the original case and an Oasis humidifier.

I’ll let this change sit here for a few days before I update the listings elsewhere.

Last edited:
I plan to drop the price of my listings on eBay, Reverb and Fleamarket by tomorrow morning if this is still available, so consider this the last 24 hrs of the UU Marketplace special pricing! :shaka:

Moon Birds are such beautiful and sounding instruments. The soprano is rare in these parts and this is a great value for anyone looking for a top soprano uke.

I'm surprised that no one has taken advantage of this being available at a great price.
Moon Birds are fun, well built, and sound great. And the cases are the best I've seen.

I'm surprised that no one has taken advantage of this being available at a great price.
Moon Birds are fun, well built, and sound great. And the cases are the best I've seen.

Ditto! I’m about to drop the price on the other sites, so we’ll see what happens.

I agree, I play the tenor size with A/E in my ukulele band. I have a lot of nice ukes (don't we all) but the Moon Bird has a unique sound unlike any of my other tenors, and the look is something you won't see everywhere! When you have several ukes, you want something with a different voice to play. I'm mostly a tenor player (with already 3 sopranos) or I'd love to have another Moon Bird in a different size.

And the cases are WAY COOL. Every noticed how nice this uke and the case smells when you open it? Is it the wood affecting the case or the case affecting the wood? My custom shop Martin is the exact same way, uke and the case smell wonderful! Can't help it, I love smelling my ukes!

Every noticed how nice this uke and the case smells when you open it? Is it the wood affecting the case or the case affecting the wood? My custom shop Martin is the exact same way, uke and the case smell wonderful! Can't help it, I love smelling my ukes!

Yes, and I admit that I love smelling my ukes too. LOL.

Still can't believe that this hasn't sold.

Still can't believe that this hasn't sold.

Same. That said, I’m not super stressed about it. It is a great uke at a great price, and I’m sure the right person will find one of the listings eventually.

I’m just sad it isn’t being played. I bought it expecting it to be my forever soprano, and it just isn’t meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom