Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: aNueNue Moon Bird Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by jksk8in View Post
    Sounds great! Is the nut width 1.5, or the standard 1 3/8" ?? Also..is the attachment a link to the actual instrument purchased from HMS?
    The nut width is 36mm (1-13/32"), so slightly wider than standard 35mm/1-3/8". String spread as measured from the inside of the 1st to the 4th string is 29.5mm at the first fret and 41.5mm down at the saddle.

As for the link, yes, that is the original HMS listing for this uke, serial #15739. I am the original owner, having bought it from them late last month. The YouTube video is from my NUD review.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions or take other measurements!
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — The Rebel ‘Double Cheesecake’ C-LN — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — Kanile‘a 2019 Platinum Tenor #21021 — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

Bump with one and only price drop. Now asking $1,000. This price includes shipping anywhere in the US (AK, HI, and territories included), the original case and an Oasis humidifier.

I’ll let this change sit here for a few days before I update the listings elsewhere.
    Last edited by YogiTom; 06-11-2019 at 03:28 PM.
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — The Rebel ‘Double Cheesecake’ C-LN — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — Kanile‘a 2019 Platinum Tenor #21021 — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

I plan to drop the price of my listings on eBay, Reverb and Fleamarket by tomorrow morning if this is still available, so consider this the last 24 hrs of the UU Marketplace special pricing!
    Current UAS fallout:

Moon Birds are such beautiful and sounding instruments. The soprano is rare in these parts and this is a great value for anyone looking for a top soprano uke.

I'm surprised that no one has taken advantage of this being available at a great price.
    Moon Birds are fun, well built, and sound great. And the cases are the best I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has taken advantage of this being available at a great price.
    Moon Birds are fun, well built, and sound great. And the cases are the best I've seen.
    Ditto! I’m about to drop the price on the other sites, so we’ll see what happens.
    Current UAS fallout:

For anyone who needs something more appealing than my original NUD review, please check out Corey’s sample. It was what won me over eventually!
    https://vimeo.com/334237240
    Last edited by YogiTom; 06-14-2019 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Issues posting the video directly
    Current UAS fallout:

I agree, I play the tenor size with A/E in my ukulele band. I have a lot of nice ukes (don't we all) but the Moon Bird has a unique sound unlike any of my other tenors, and the look is something you won't see everywhere! When you have several ukes, you want something with a different voice to play. I'm mostly a tenor player (with already 3 sopranos) or I'd love to have another Moon Bird in a different size.

And the cases are WAY COOL. Every noticed how nice this uke and the case smells when you open it? Is it the wood affecting the case or the case affecting the wood? My custom shop Martin is the exact same way, uke and the case smell wonderful! Can't help it, I love smelling my ukes!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiggie View Post
    Every noticed how nice this uke and the case smells when you open it? Is it the wood affecting the case or the case affecting the wood? My custom shop Martin is the exact same way, uke and the case smell wonderful! Can't help it, I love smelling my ukes!
    Yes, and I admit that I love smelling my ukes too. LOL.

Still can't believe that this hasn't sold.

Still can't believe that this hasn't sold.
    Same. That said, I’m not super stressed about it. It is a great uke at a great price, and I’m sure the right person will find one of the listings eventually.

I’m just sad it isn’t being played. I bought it expecting it to be my forever soprano, and it just isn’t meant to be.
    Current UAS fallout:

Thread Information