Kala Marcy Marxer Ukulele - Problem w/ Wires

Drummertist

Reaction score
I have just bought a Kala Marcy Marxer ukulele off eBay for $200. The wires inside had come off the side and were dangling in the sound hole area. There is a sticky pad on the wall of the uke and attached to the metal clamp that keeps the wires together. I pushed those together and it's holding, but there seems to be some sticky residue beside the stickers.
PHOTO ATTACHED

So my question is, is this a hack job or is this how Kala shipped them?

Attachments

• kala.jpg
    kala.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Here's another photo from the seller. You can see the wires in the soundhole.

Attachments

• kala2.jpg
    kala2.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 41
So I talked to Kala and they said it looks like a second hand repair attempt. She showed me a photo and there’s a huge difference between the way Kala does it and how it was “fixed”. I removed the double sided tape inside (mostly except for residue). But the sticky tape on the cord clamp won’t stay attached to the wall.

Any advice on how to attach it to the wall? Tape? Glue?

Also, how can I get consumer grade double sided (the puffy kind) tape residue off the inside without harming the wood?

Should I just go to a professional?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't know but you might want to read about GooGone - it removes sticky residue from just about everything, but that said, I have never used it on wood. You might want to use some on the inside of a cabinet or other unseen wood thing, just to test it. Hope you work out the issues with this uke.

Top Bottom