Hit 6 months

Kibes37

Reaction score
And could not be more in love. I’m only falling deeper. Man, I wish I found these little guys sooner, but you know how that goes. I practice an hour a day minimum and have maybe missed a day. If someone said show me what you got, it would not be very impressive. I have mainly been focusing on foundation and fundamentals. Although, I dabbled a bit with easy song chord progressions and strum patterns today and I could add a bunch to my stable, but I’m looking to get better at more advanced instrumentals. Feels good to know I can pick certain new things up pretty fast now. I feel like my learning is finally beginning to accelerate. I should be pretty solid by a year.

Thanks very much to this forum for all the tips and advice. Been priceless. Lot of cool people willing to help.

Here’s to every second I can put aside for the rest of my life to Uke it!

Last edited:
Congrats on your 6 month anniversary! Sounds like you are making great progress!

Congratulations on the 6 month milestone. It sounds like you are enjoying yourself and progressing well with your playing. That's fantastic.

Way to go. You sound a lot like me. I’ve also fallen very hard for our little instrument of happiness. Keep on strumming.

Last edited:
Congrats on making 6 months.
Stick with it, and stick with us. We love reading about progress!

Practice is good, but instruction is better. I'm not one to talk because I play rather than study instruction, although I know I should. There is lots of good, directed instruction available online - actual courses. For example: Aldrine Guerrero at Ukuleleunderground, Chee/Maisel, James Hill, Brett McQueen, Daniel Ward, and Matt Dahlberg offer free and reasonably-priced courses. You can probably find a local teacher, too.

Practice is good, but instruction is better. I'm not one to talk because I play rather than study instruction, although I know I should. There is lots of good, directed instruction available online - actual courses. For example: Aldrine Guerrero at Ukuleleunderground, Chee/Maisel, James Hill, Brett McQueen, Daniel Ward, and Matt Dahlberg offer free and reasonably-priced courses. You can probably find a local teacher, too.
Good point. I need to take a course for sure.

Congrats! Getting out to Mt Tam much with your ukes?

Congrats! Getting out to Mt Tam much with your ukes?

Good memory! Yes a couple adventures recently with my Opio. When my Clara arrives I will take more on tam of my improvement. I will be able to plug into my phone for better sound!

Congratulations on 6 months in.... and many more!

Good point. I need to take a course for sure.

Get the word out, courses/lessons are a great idea for your birthday and other gifting holidays. My wife got me a 1-year subscription to the Center Stage Ukulele Academy (http://csukuleleacademy.com/). Good lessons with multi-angle video tutorials and downloadable song sheets.

I've also had the opportunity to work through most of the Craig Chee/Sarah Maisel lessons on ArtistWorks. These are fantastic--no other lessons I've found (free or paid) advanced my playing as quickly as their lessons.

Happy strumming, chunking, picking, chord melody, and so much more.

Last edited:
Congrats & here's to many happy ukeing years! Also - I could probably benefit from some instruction, too. Who can't?

Top Bottom