Is Matt Dahlberg's Ultimate Strum Course Bundle good?

UkeMoxy

Reaction score
Has anybody tried this course? If so, did you think it was worth the price of $120?

I've tried some of his other tutorials, and they're amazing, but this feels like a lot to pay for a tutorial course. I'm a Patreon member of his and wouldn't mind paying if the course is good value.

I’m a Patreon member of his too. I posted a thread earlier saying imo he’s the best teacher. I’m gonna do the the strum coarse when I save a little dough. I have no reason to think it’s not worth the money from his other free lessons. Plus I don’t mind supporting him. It is a lot of money, though. I believe there is s a cheaper strum coarse from him you May want to check out first.

P.s. Awesome stable of Ukes. Well done.

Last edited:
I’m a Patreon member of his too. I posted a thread earlier saying imo he’s the best teacher. I’m gonna do the the strum coarse when I save a little dough. I have no reason to think it’s not worth the money from his other free lessons. Plus I don’t mind supporting him. It is a lot of money, though. I believe there is s a cheaper strum coarse from him you May want to check out first.

P.s. Awesome stable of Ukes. Well done.

Hi!

Thank you! I just wish that I could've landed on a cheaper hobby...

As for the course, I don't mind supporting his work either. But I would hate to pay so much if the course isn't up to his usual high standard.

Good luck with the course, when you get around to it, and let me know how you get on!

Of related interest, RockClass 101 will be introducing a strumming course into its curriculum in August. My introduction to Matt was here as he does some lessons on this site.

I assume you have already done Matt's four free strumming lessons here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsbN6FhaZMc&list=PLrzw25MQ0Nr02c6gH_yQfd1m5uv4iTHuI&index=18

Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen the free lessons. I'll have a look at those and decide.

I'm a member at RockClass 101, so I'll keep an eye out for their strumming course.

I also think Matt is a great teacher from the free stuff of his that I’ve seen. I’ve got some other stuff (not from Matt) I need to go through that I’ve already paid for before purchasing yet another course. But, I’m considering not buying the whole strumming course at once (I’m not sure I really care about the Jazz/Swing course, for example). Yes, you do save by buying it all at once, but it’s less of a risk if it turns out not being right for me. And, if I do end up loving the course and end up buying all of them, I’ll tell myself that I’m just supporting Matt a bit more :)

Does anyone know if here is any kind of money back policy if you’re not satisfied? That could help you try the first course and get a better idea.

Has anybody tried this course? If so, did you think it was worth the price of $120?

I've tried some of his other tutorials, and they're amazing, but this feels like a lot to pay for a tutorial course. I'm a Patreon member of his and wouldn't mind paying if the course is good value.

I bought it when it when on sale a little while back. I think it's a good course. I don't remember how much I paid. I feel that $120 is a little high, but I think it's a good value. About 40% of the material was not new to me. I still think it's a good course.

Hi!

Thank you! I just wish that I could've landed on a cheaper hobby...

As for the course, I don't mind supporting his work either. But I would hate to pay so much if the course isn't up to his usual high standard.

Good luck with the course, when you get around to it, and let me know how you get on!

Yeah, given you've got around £7k worth of ukes there surely $120 to learn how to play them isn't much at all?

I paid for Matt’s strumming course and it is excellent especially for a noice. He has a unique way of teaching beats and building on the strums learned. It makes a great library of strums for everything from the blues to do wop, Calypso to more jazzy pieces. I actually need to go back to refresh myself. I didn’t master most because I am lazy. But now that I have more time...

Last edited:
Yeah, given you've got around £7k worth of ukes there surely $120 to learn how to play them isn't much at all?

My first thought, too... :D

Top Bottom