This One Didn’t Make It

BuzzBD

Reaction score
To the UU Marketplace that is.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mrpbg2uJAstqdDmW8

I had intended to offer this ukulele on the Marketplace, but a long time customer got it first. It is my interpretation of what a style 3 Ditson/ Martin would have been had they made one.
It is made from my stash of H. Mahogany that I have had for 20 years or more. Features a dovetailed neck joint and Waverly friction tuners. Price for this model is $1100. Am very interested in hearing your thoughts.
Mahalo,
Brad

It is a beauty, but I'm just going to stick with the Kumalae-style soprano I got from you in February. I brought it to Sons Of The Beach in Santa Cruz in April, and to the local Uke Group tonight in Schenectady. It has been ooh'ed and aah'ed at wherever it goes. And sounds lovely. (What are those black strings, anyway?)

-Kurt​

Wonderful! Is that a mop bow tie? I can't tell, but overall I like it! I would be waking up early thinking about it. Perhaps you will make another that is similar? This makes me nervous. Ha!

Hey Kurt, glad you are enjoying your Kumalae style soprano, they are one of my favorite styles to build. The strings are Fremont black FC.
The fretboard inlays are abalone, I may use MOP for the next one.
Hey Vic, nice to hear from you,it’s been a while. Yes it is a dreadnought style body. About 2/3 of the Ditson/Martin ukulele were that style. Most were sopranos, the only concert size ones were taropatch 8 string.
Mahalo Bob, I am very much looking forward to our next get together at the beach house.
Brad

Top Bottom