Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KoAloha: Fix or Forget?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    I sent my DVI from Perth to Hawaii to get a repair. It took a bit of time of course. They sent me back a nice repaired uke and refunded my costs. Also they have sent me a new saddle when I lost the saddle on a road trip, and they have answered my questions when I asked.
    The first step is to send an email to Koaloha with a photo. Then you will start a dialogue and get the details and you uke will be on the way to being repaired instead of collecting dust or getting worse. It is going to take some time, but in the end your uke will be good for another 20 years.
    A good anecdote about the benefit of contacting the producer just to see what happens.
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — The Rebel ‘Double Cheesecake’ C-LN — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — Kanile‘a 2019 Platinum Tenor #21021 — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

Quote Originally Posted by DPO:
    I can't imagine a warranty that covers a dog sitting on your uke.

I can't imagine that either. I really have no idea how this happened, it was just there one day. Dogs eat homework and are easy to blame.
    Last edited by BBegall; 06-12-2019 at 05:06 AM.
    Kamaka (S) Gold Label, Bonanza (C) Cherry Oreo, Pono (T) mahogany, KoAloha (T), Kala (B) Cedar top/Mahog laminate.

Quote Originally Posted by YogiTom View Post

Honestly, I think a good local luthier could hide the crack easily and cheaply. The question, I think, is whether the OP wants the KoAloha team to do the work or not. Chances are—as you rightly point out—it’ll be out of pocket, and shipping to Hawaii ain’t cheap!
    I have a great Luthier near me in the LoPrinzi shop who have done repairs for me in the past but I like the idea of contacting the producer just to see what they think. Thanks to all.
    Kamaka (S) Gold Label, Bonanza (C) Cherry Oreo, Pono (T) mahogany, KoAloha (T), Kala (B) Cedar top/Mahog laminate.

I'd call Koaloha and email them a photo of it, then do whatever they recommend. Even if I was paying out of pocket. But that's just me, I really like my Koalohas. If it was a cheap uke, or a hobby I wasn't as devoted to, I'd ignore it.
    "Got a whole lot of nothing, and I watch it like a hawk." - Louis Prima, 'I'm Living in a Great Big Way'

If there were any company that I would say might cover it then it would be KoAloha. Best warranty in the business!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    Is the crack in the wood or just the finish? That might make a difference
    That's the first thing I thought of also.
    Ukuleles:
    1960's Martin Style-0
    LoPrinzi Concert (Redwood & Mahogany)
    Kala Elite 1MHG-S
    Ohana SK-25S
    Kala Elite 1KOA-T << Letting this one go soon. PM if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    Is the crack in the wood or just the finish? That might make a difference
    That was the first thing I looked for. It's really hard to be sure but I believe the crack is in the wood.

Thread Information