Another Timms on eBay

There’s a Timms Cuban on Flea Market now for $950 shipped.

There's another one on eBay now. Ends Thursday, July 25.
I think there will be a string of them since he was working on a new batch. I wonder how many people there are actually looking to buy one. I also wonder how many people actually want one to keep vs how many just want to win one because they're scarce or just want to try one and then sell later. There never seem to be too many unique bidders.

I think there will be a string of them since he was working on a new batch. I wonder how many people there are actually looking to buy one. I also wonder how many people actually want one to keep vs how many just want to win one because they're scarce or just want to try one and then sell later. There never seem to be too many unique bidders.

I’ve wondered this, too. There seems to be a lot of buzz for these, but I can’t see why beyond the scarcity.

Now, I’ve never owned or played a Timms instrument, so my opinion is pretty ill-informed, but to me they just look like new replicas of old Martin style 0 ukes. Classic design, light weight and clean builds, to be sure, but also the most boring (to me) of the different Martin styles.

Great to see a skilled luthier getting top dollar for their instruments, but it just isn’t something I could ever see myself trying to buy. I’d likely be more interested if there was ever a style 1 or 2.

The Timms ukuleles I’ve seen listed have been beautiful to look at and I’m sure to play, but I’d rather buy a “mint” vintage Martin style 0 (or even a style 1!) for the money some of these have been selling for.

Just my (likely unpopular) 2¢.

I’ve wondered this, too. There seems to be a lot of buzz for these, but I can’t see why beyond the scarcity.

Now, I’ve never owned or played a Timms instrument, so my opinion is pretty ill-informed, but to me they just look like new replicas of old Martin style 0 ukes. Classic design, light weight and clean builds, to be sure, but also the most boring (to me) of the different Martin styles.

Great to see a skilled luthier getting top dollar for their instruments, but it just isn’t something I could ever see myself trying to buy. I’d likely be more interested if there was ever a style 1 or 2.

The Timms ukuleles I’ve seen listed have been beautiful to look at and I’m sure to play, but I’d rather buy a “mint” vintage Martin style 0 (or even a style 1!) for the money some of these have been selling for.

Just my (likely unpopular) 2¢.

I own both Timms and vintage ukes.. they are similar but different. The workmanship on his ukes is spectacular and the sound of the recent cuban batch is really nice! It would be good to form an unpopular opinion after having tried it.. I think what you have is called a hunch not an opinion.

I own both Timms and vintage ukes.. they are similar but different. The workmanship on his ukes is spectacular and the sound of the recent cuban batch is really nice! It would be good to form an unpopular opinion after having tried it.. I think what you have is called a hunch not an opinion.

Or an assumption, which would make me...oh, wait...:p

Are you attending the sfukefest? I can bring a uke or 2 for you to try and vice versa..

Sadly not. It conflicts with an annual camping trip our family and friends have done for the past 26 years.

I wanted to go talk to Tyler at the TyDe booth, too. :(

I'm still kicking myself for not buying the pallet wood one he built a few years back!

As of this morning, there is a Cuban Mahogany Timms for sale on the Flea Market Marketplace.

Top Bottom