Another Timms on eBay

Beautiful uke! With this one having the rarer 17-fret design, there may be quite a bidding war in the last few minutes/seconds of this auction.

Over time I have realised that Mr T is rather good at Marketing; I’d be shocked if there was not some fierce bidding for this particular Uke (there’s a demand for the standard Uke and on top of that there’s a demand for the extended fretboard).

Beautiful uke! With this one having the rarer 17-fret design, there may be quite a bidding war in the last few minutes/seconds of this auction.

Hopefully folks read the recent eBay war stories thread for tips on how to do this with automated software! :)

I'll be at two uke sessions when the bidding ends, so I'll have to wait and see who wins and for how much.

It's funny how the bids are all "Private." In the past, all they listed were the first and last letters of the bidder's name, but this is totally private.

We should start a pool on what the final bid will be. : )

I'm predicting $1,100.00

Last edited:
Congratulations. I'm sure this one will be a treasured friend.

To get the BIN on these, you gotta be laser focused on getting there first, before someone enters the opening bid. It seems that Ken kinda gives us at UU a hint that a new auction is coming soon, when he posts about the new uke all completed and strung up, like he did with this one. Early the next morning, there it was on eBay.

Oh yeah, I realize it's hard to get the BIN option, but whoever gets there first has that opportunity - or is there a time limit on BIN even if no one has bid yet?

Still, I'm happy to see Ken make some good money for his excellent work.

Great to see a top builder getting good prices. I think it would be pointless for Ken to do a BIN from now on, unless it was a very high one, may as well just let the auctions run.

Wow, that must be a new record. Makes me think whether I should sell my Koa timms ;)

Wow, that must be a new record. Makes me think whether I should sell my Koa timms ;)

Seems people like to bid on Timms. After the long neck went for well over a grand, someone's Timms on the marketplace was still available unsold.

Top Bottom