Another Timms on eBay

Yes, please close this thread. It only fuels my UAS. :D

Just kidding. I've enjoyed this thread every time there's a new post in it. Either I get to check out the newest Timms uke on sale or discuss about his ukes. I prefer people post about his new ukes here rather than making a new thread every time there's a new one available.

Okay. I understand. I don't think I can close it, anyway.

A beautiful Koa is just up!

I have to be honest - if I'd paid top wack for it, yes, it would bother me. As it is, for a reduced price, I'd snap it up.

If I hadn't already got one.........................................

John Colter

Last edited:

I don’t think I’d want to take the risk(s) of it not playing well for me (might be fine for someone else), the twist getting worse (material sometimes just moves due to release of internal stresses) or it being something that didn’t hold its value (resale in future years might or might not be an issue). Doubtless they’ll be hot bidding on it and it will, in some way, be right for someone. Personally I’d let someone else have this ‘bargain’, but the chance to own and play a Timms for a bit less than the going rate is going to tick someone’s box.

Everyone loves a Timms Uke but we all value things differently. Mr T is a very wise man who understands a lot more about sales and marketing than I can ever hope to, in this case he’s letting the market decide and the bidding is going well. :bowdown:

Last edited:
It is a lovely instrument. I trust that Timms is an honest guy and if he says it plays fine I trust his word.

It is a lovely instrument. I trust that Timms is an honest guy and if he says it plays fine I trust his word.

Yeah. Same. He wouldn't sell a problematic uke. Probably just the result of a bandsaw blade following it's own path when he initially rough cut the neck. Or maybe just misaligned a headstock template during shaping. May have gone unnoticed until the very end after the neck was attached. I guess I might want to ask how it occured. A slight miscut is no issue. If it moved after cutting/shaping that is potentially indicative of future movement, but I very much doubt he would use a neck if there was any indication that it was reaction wood. He knows what he is doing.

Less than two days to go and it's $540 already. Way to go!

John Colter

Well worth it. Congrats to all parties

That's a very good result - for Ken and for the lucky purchaser.

John Colter

For the longest time, I told myself I wouldn't get a Ken Timms since I have a few mahogany sopranos with very similar specs already. But then I saw this latest one with a winning bid of 470 pounds and I thought to myself "I can't let this one go for that cheap. I'll make a bid of around 500 pounds and if someone overbids then that'll be it". So... I snatched it for just over 480 pounds. I'm almost in disbelief.

It's a bit crazy how prices have gone down a bit for Ken Timms ukes. I would've actually preferred a 12 fret one instead of the 17 fret, but with a price like that I can't complain.

Last edited:
Congratulations Dohle, I think that you got a bargain, enjoy!

There are so many people out there that want a Timms that I just can’t believe your bargain is anything other than a seasonal blip (August can be a dead month for some things). I feel sure that prices will remain solid and that we will never see a new Timms sold again at pre Baz Maz review prices.

Thanks both! I still can't believe my luck.

Yeah, I don't expect prices for Timms ukes to go as low as around 300 pounds where they were before the hype. But they certainly aren't as high as they once were. There were a couple koa sopranos that sold for more than 600 pounds and some Cuban mahogany ones (like the one I got) weren't much less than that, so getting one - and a 17 fret one no less that usually are a bit more expensive - for less than 500 pounds seems like a bargain to me. Couldn't be happier.

Top Bottom