Another Timms on eBay

I got one of his dark cuban 12 fret ones in June. It's a peach. But with a custom commission coming in, it may be leaving the flock.

There's another koa soprano up with around a day to go https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274489816477

Has anyone by any chance tried both a mahogany and koa Timms and could tell if there's a noticeable difference in sound? Is the koa one somewhat brighter like koa sometimes is compared to mahogany?

There's another koa soprano up with around a day to go https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274489816477

Has anyone by any chance tried both a mahogany and koa Timms and could tell if there's a noticeable difference in sound? Is the koa one somewhat brighter like koa sometimes is compared to mahogany?

This is a very interesting question to me too. I would love to hear some comparison.

I was lucky to win an auction for a koa one. Thanks to Dohle I was in the right place at the right time. I'm expecting it to arrive within few days.

This is a very interesting question to me too. I would love to hear some comparison.

It would be nice if you or someone else with a koa Timms could record a small sound sample. You can find one for my mahogany Timms in the NUD thread I posted a few weeks back.

The most recent koa Timms went for 590 Pounds today. Interestingly, the latest bid was on the 11th so there doesn't seem to be much interest for a last minute bidding war. The koa sopranos go for a bit higher price but you can probably get a mahogany one around the 500 Pound mark these days.

If you want a really warm sounding soprano I doubt there's a better choice than one of these Cuban mahogany Timms. They have again been going almost at that 600 GBP price point and one of the ones on offer hasn't had any bids yet so you could still snatch one up for 595 GBP.

I was able to bid on on the Cuban Mahogany. For some reason I woke up 10 minutes before the auction was ending. Must be for me!

My Cuban arrived in California 7 days after auction close. Faster than I thought. Haven't really looked or played it since it in "quarantine" as a Christmas present but I' know it will be awesome!
The Honduran mahogany seems like an amazing deal on eBay

I saw that. Could be an nice bargain

Does anyone know if this is the same one that had been for sale at a different Guitar Center store a while back? If so, I would love to know the story there

Top Bottom