Rock and roll songs on ukulele

It took awhile because I was so busy, but here you guys go!

Jared

There is nothing like watching a video of someone having fun with their ukulele. Thanks for sharing that.

While I'm not one of them, some people can probably adapt any style of music to their ukulele, and I think that's great. I enjoy watching videos of unexpected songs on ukulele.
Some of the earliest ukulele related videos I saw were of Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, and I still love them doing rock songs.

You can, and enjoy doing it, but that doesn't mean it really works.

So often, I'm reminded of this adage: If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

There’s another adage that springs to my mind as well. Regarding “uke-ifying” all sorts of songs: If you throw enough dung at a wall, some of it is bound to stick. ;)

The fun, for me at least, is in trying to make ‘em stick. Over time this has led me down some odd paths, such as a Ragtime fingerpicked acoustic guitar version of I am the Walrus :rolleyes: ... and lately I’m working on a jazzy version of Sloop John B for ukulele. Some of these paths certainly led to dead ends, but there’s only one way to find that out.

I was going to post the Overdrive Duo too! There's also James Hill's awesome cover of Billie Jean, lots of covers of Queen by different people and i am pretty sure i have seen a Metallica cover.

Love your sig Manfrog

Top Bottom