Put on the spot

S11LKO

Reaction score
Video is self explanatory so just sharing my night with my mates here on UU for those who may wish to see...or ignore ;-) lol

Hi Luke. I got email notification that you had responded to this post (copy below), but yet again your response hasn't appeared here in the thread. This ongoing problem is so frustrating for all those who are experiencing it.
Anyway, thanks for your kind words my friend. A strange guitar and nerves certainly affected what I was doing during the first song, but they were a great crowd that night and I soon relaxed. It was good fun!

BECAUSE OF THIS ONGOING PROBLEM, IF ANYONE ELSE HAS RESPONDED TO THIS OR ANY OTHER THREAD OF MINE, YOUR RESPONSE MAY NOT APPEAR IN THE THREADS, AND I MAY NOT BE INFORMED OF YOUR RESPONSE BY THE EMAIL NOTIFICATION SYSTEM UU USES, SO I WONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR RESPONSE AT ALL. PLEASE DON’T THINK I’M BEING RUDE AND IGNORING YOU. lol

Copy message: Here is the message that has just been posted:
Dave
That was great. You are a natural. The crowd was really into it as well. They must have had a few pints already. ;)You vocals and playing were great. I wish I were as brave as you. I’d be super nervous getting up on stage like that.

***************"

Last edited:
Dave

I think it might be due to me using a VPN on my computer. I was able to make a post by disabling my VPN. If you can see this post, then my issue is solved.

Luke

Dave

I think it might be due to me using a VPN on my computer. I was able to make a post by disabling my VPN. If you can see this post, then my issue is solved.

Luke

Yup. You're here Luke. I got the usual emailed notification telling me of this and then when I came here, there your post was! Maybe that's what's affecting many people then...well done for (hopefully) sorting it matey!

Thanks John, as always buddy.
I enjoy having a giggle like that and knowing that some people are enjoying what I'm doing. It's really funny...walking to the stage is really nerve wracking, but as soon as I start there's no nerves at all.
Do you others find this?

Hi, Dave! That is very nice!

That was wonderful, Dave! You're a natural! :)

Do not praise his natural! With a little help from his drink.

What would you think if Dave sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on him?

Hi, Dave! That is very nice!
Do not praise his natural! With a little help from his drink.
What would you think if Dave sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on him?

HaHa! Most would - if they had any sense! If they walked out whenever I sang out of tune I'd have no audience left!!! HaHaHaHa!

Hi, Dave! You are definitely the type of the singer who sings by his face (see the photo below). Now I am singing "With a little help from My friends" for next gig. I definitely need your advice. Please help me a little!

Hi, Dave! You are definitely the type of the singer who sings by his face (see the photo below). Now I am singing "With a little help from My friends" for next gig. I definitely need your advice. Please help me a little!

HaHa. Not quite sure how to take that. Better than signing with my FEET I suppose. lol

Seriously though, my face has always done strange things when I play and sing. Someone once compared me to an ‘animated goldfish’! I’m no expert by far, but my advice to anyone - as always - is to try and interact a bit with your given audience. Try and find a way of bringing them into your act by letting your face express whatever emotion you happen to be singing about, e.g. love, sadness, surprise, confusion, whatever applies to the words you’re singing..
If they feel that you’re genuinely enjoying what you’re doing (which I do), and that you’re enjoying THEM, they’ll usually support you and work with you.
If I was doing the great song you’re about to do (a song I’ve never had a go at actually), get talking to them if you can, a bit of banter, and encourage them to join in the well known chorus. They’ll love it. Just think about the words of the song and let your face do the talking!
Good luck mate. Post video of your doing it for us to see?

Post video of your doing it for us to see?

Hi, Dave! The real stage is next spring. It is one hour stage. We are going to try some 20min open mikes before that stage and prepare several songs. If we have a good take, I will surely upload video for you. I am very happy to have friend's chorus in our band. And audience's chorus is very good idea. Thanks! :))

Hi, Dave! The real stage is next spring. It is one hour stage. We are going to try some 20min open mikes before that stage and prepare several songs. If we have a good take, I will surely upload video for you. I am very happy to have friend's chorus in our band. And audience's chorus is very good idea. Thanks! :))

I look forward to seeing your work. Good luck my friend. Enjoy your music everyday.

Top Bottom