FS: KoAloha Crown Bridge Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arob54

UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD

For Sale: excellent condition KoAloha Crown Bridge Tenor - Model KTM-00. I am selling in order to purchase a new instrument.

-December 2004 build with old soundhole label.
-Single piece top, back and side construction (no book matching).
-Ebony crown bridge with zebra wood inlay.
-Ebony fretboard and fretboard binding.
-Grover Rotomatic tuners.
-Paua/Abalone fret markers.
-Gloss finish.
-New KoAloha strings, low G, still breaking in.
-Recently sent to KoAloha for a checkup and received a clean bill of health, a fresh buffing, and new set of strings.
-Outstanding playability and tone KoAloha are known for
-Includes Hardcase.

I purchased this from Shawn at the ukulelefriend.com. Here is the link with his description and pictures:
http://ukulelefriend.com/ukes/koaloha-crown-bridge-tenor-ukulele/

$OLD OBO, Shipped/Insured via USPS to the CONUS, $25 shipping for Alaska and Hawaii. Payment via PayPal goods and services.

Google Photos Album:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ophpkuAhCqqYjC8U8

5AB9A28E-4644-4969-B1FF-9A5F20087453.jpg21B2E07B-B260-42C8-BBA7-132E185C94C2.jpg8A5AF233-1C5B-427C-ACC5-6379696F480E.jpgF363F649-EACE-4A17-9E99-B0D53B99E12F.jpg829C33AF-A401-4C6D-944E-29C0CFBDFDEB.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that is a special uke. Too bad I'm all uked out already. But those grovers look heavy... did they come from KoAloha?

Last edited:
Great looking uke. I love the crown bridge and in ebony. I've always thought that was the perfect design to do a string thru bridge? I wonder if it would be modified. I've just come to really like a appreciate the string thru. I have two tie bridge tenor, two notch bridge tenors and one string thru. I like string thru the best. Good luck with sale. If I had less of a stable right now, I would consider this. This uke has nice Koa and you don't see the "Crown bridge" anymore. Very labour intensive to make , I'm sure.

Wow that is a special uke. Too bad I'm all uked out already. But those grovers look heavy... did they come from KoAloha?

Yes those are the stock tuners, and no they are not light; but I will say they are some of the smoothest tuning knobs that I have used. And to be 15 years old and working flawlessly says something about their quality. Pops still uses them from time to time on his Pineapple Sunday models. I owned a new KTM when I bought this and could compare apples to apples. I thought I preferred the newer lighter KoAloha branded tuners, and even had Brian send me a set, but I never went through with replacing them-and actually prefer the feel of the Grover’s in my fretting hand. I was told they are a drop in replacement with no reaming required. The Grover’s have a small screw that would leave a hole in the back of the headstock that would show, and Griz let me know the new models dig into the wood and can be a bit tricky to get flush with the back of the headstock. I will include the new set if the purchaser wants them.

944E5C0A-9F8E-4072-B3D5-B7689D39650F.jpg

Last edited:
Updated Price, Now $925 OBO and includes Shipping/Insurance via USPS Priority to CONUS, $25 Shipping to Hawaii or Alaska

I will PM you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom