Collings UC2

By current market value, do you mean below "new" price?
I think $1400 was the new price, once upon a time.
They sure did go up over time.

I like the "haircut" on this one, though I'm holding out for a lesser pricetag in my preferred satin finish... :)

Though I didn't 'hold out' very well this week on a couple others... Yikes.

By market value I mean the current going rate. I think a UC3 was around $2250 five years ago, so I imagine a UC2 would have been more than $1400. Maybe $1400 was for a UC1?

By current market value, do you mean below "new" price?
I think $1400 was the new price, once upon a time.
They sure did go up over time.

I like the "haircut" on this one, though I'm holding out for a lesser pricetag in my preferred satin finish... :)

Though I didn't 'hold out' very well this week on a couple others... Yikes.

That's pretty good, although I wouldn't appreciate the strap button holes personally. I have a UC1K and a UT2SB and I would like a spruce top concert too - anyone want to part with one and ship to the UK - message me if so, details in profile. :)

By market value I mean the current going rate. I think a UC3 was around $2250 five years ago, so I imagine a UC2 would have been more than $1400. Maybe $1400 was for a UC1?

Sorry, I meant that even while Collings sold them, prices went up a LOT.

Out of curiosity - what was that Uke priced at? The page is not longer up. I would love to find a Collings tenor ukulele, but when I do see them, the prices seem really high.

Out of curiosity - what was that Uke priced at? The page is not longer up. I would love to find a Collings tenor ukulele, but when I do see them, the prices seem really high.

It was $1400 on Elderly. UC2, so upgraded gloss finish and binding on a mahogany body.

I tried to find you a photo, and look at this beautiful custom in pecan that showed up:
https://www.collingsguitars.com/custom-gallery/uc2-spalted-pecan/

This link shows what I mean, that these were initially $1400 brand spanking new. Collings own new prices went up by hundreds by the time they stopped selling ukes. (The original buyers just aren't telling... ;>)

https://artisanguitars.com/collings-uc2-concert-ukulele-id-6077

Top Bottom