Cheap CAN be good?

S11LKO

Reaction score
I am NOT the best guitar player in the world. Even less so when playing electric rather than acoustic. But I've always fancied owning a Telecaster to accompany the American Deluxe Series Strat I teated myself to a couple of years or so ago. It is just the high cost that's stopped me.

Then I saw some reviews of the Harley Benton TE-40 TBK Deluxe Series made and sold by Thomann in Germany - a Telecaster type guitar being sold for around £123 (€138 /$156 US) - and, as a result, snapped one up knowing their returns policy is pretty good if it proved to be rubbish.

And it proved to be pretty darn good straight out of the box with minimal setting up needed. It plays and sounds fantastic, so I was pretty surprised.

Is it as good as a proper American made Telecaster? Probably not. But this thing costs a TENTH of the price and looks, plays and sounds fantastic - FOR ONLY £100!!!

Has anyone else experience of Harley Benton guitars, good or bad?

Hi, young Dave!

My guitar tech says that Fender guitars are not handicraft products but industrial industrial products. There bolt on neck (see the photo below) is the symbol of it and there are only three bolt models too. His shop has vintage Stratcaster, which is about $30000. He says it is just rare '69 made, and nothing better than normal one.

Harley Benton TE-40 (See the photo above) looks very nice. Your choice is very good. Lately I like Telecaster rather than Stratcaster. Strat is bit wild and young, Tele is more adult and many jazz musicians play Tele too.

Thanks for the response and info mate. I'd certainly look at buying another HB - for the money they seem a pretty good buy!

Hi, Dave! I went to trial guitar lesson yesterday in Kyoto Japan. The teacher was a famous studio musician here. The lesson was great. I bought gig bag yesterday. This is about $150. It is bit expensive than your Harley Benton. :)) I use it for Yamaha strat.

Hi, Dave! I went to trial guitar lesson yesterday in Kyoto Japan. The teacher was a famous studio musician here. The lesson was great. I bought gig bag yesterday. This is about $150. It is bit expensive than your Harley Benton. :)) I use it for Yamaha strat.

Haha! Looks like a nice bit of kit though mate! X

Top Bottom