1968 Martin 1-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
SOLD. This listing is for a 1968 Martin 1-T. I purchased this ukulele here on UU about a year and a half ago. It was then listed as "Time Capsule," which is in fact an accurate description! This thing is in very near pristine condition, looking like new old stock. The previous owner had contacted Martin about the instrument and Martin advised that it was most likely from 1968. The original case is also in almost new condition, and it includes the original hang tags, warranty card, and a set of vintage Martin strings. No cracks, dings, scratches, or structural issues. Solid mahogany body with incredibly figured Brazilian rosewood bridge and fretboard. The rosewood on this really is the most gorgeous that I've seen on an old Martin. There is one very small finish check (<1 cm) on the top, just to the bass side of the fretboard extension, and another very small check on the back, right in the middle. These are both confirmed to be only in the finish and are virtually unnoticeable, but in the interest of full disclosure I am mentioning them. Again, this is as close to new condition as you will ever see on a 50+ year old Martin ukulele.

I purchased this as a collector's piece, and thus have hardly played it at all. That said, the action is easy, and the neck is very straight. Frets show no wear. Intonation is fine up through the 7th or 8th fret, but is off slightly up around the 12th. I would think this could be easily corrected with a proper set-up.

I am asking $SOLD for this, which includes CONUS shipping and PayPal fees. Due to the Brazilian rosewood, I cannot ship this outside the U.S. Please feel free to ask any questions you have, and thanks for looking!

Martin 1T_Front.jpgMartin 1T Back.jpgMartin 1T Bridge.jpgMartin 1T Fretboard.jpgMartin 1T Tuners.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I'd love to find that in Grandma's closet..

That is a gorgeous 1-T. The rosewood is lovely.

Some very fortunate person is going to get a nice piece of history. (I was still in high school then.)

I would if I could...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom