Easy Song Books for Young Kids... ?

_Silly_Me_Sitting_Here_

Reaction score
Hey, guys! I've recently started teaching young kids (5-8) how to play the ukulele, and my biggest hurdle seems to be finding insanely easy one and two-chord song sheets.

Most method books throw in the G7 chord right at the beginning, and that's way too hard for little hands to play - at least when they're first starting out. I like to teach the C chord first & I'm having a heckuva time finding songs that can be played start-to-finish in C chord alone. I introduce the F chord after that & again, I've found maybe a handful of songs that toggle between F and C. Those tricky three-finger chords don't come into play until the kid is ready & that can take some time in many cases...

So, I could really use a kid's song book that has tons and tons of one & two-chord songs (using F and C chords only). Does such a thing exist?

Thanks for the input, gang!

If you're not opposed to using videos, we have a ton of two chord songs just waiting to be used. See ukeplayalongs.com, which is a free resource of song videos (look at the index of songs by number of chords and then key).

I see 90 videos with one or two chords.

(ukeplayalongs.com is just a shortcut to one page on my blog, ukestuff.info)

Side note: the song index now includes 1000 songs for GCEA ukulele.

Last edited:
Hey, guys! I've recently started teaching young kids (5-8) how to play the ukulele, and my biggest hurdle seems to be finding insanely easy one and two-chord song sheets.

Most method books throw in the G7 chord right at the beginning, and that's way too hard for little hands to play - at least when they're first starting out. I like to teach the C chord first & I'm having a heckuva time finding songs that can be played start-to-finish in C chord alone. I introduce the F chord after that & again, I've found maybe a handful of songs that toggle between F and C. Those tricky three-finger chords don't come into play until the kid is ready & that can take some time in many cases...

So, I could really use a kid's song book that has tons and tons of one & two-chord songs (using F and C chords only). Does such a thing exist?

Thanks for the input, gang!

Have you considered contacting Heidi Swedberg for suggestions? She teaches kids and I saw on a schedule that she teaches 2 chord songs.

We use Alfred’s Kid’s Ukulele Course 2F5E1958-53CB-4ACF-B1D4-C74FAFFE7D99.jpg0A399F6B-5DC4-4BAC-BDF5-2A47122F0A31.jpgC6110754-A514-43EB-9AA7-A08EA6804ECB.jpg

Top Bottom