Rain (Jose Feliciano)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score

One of my favorite "rain" songs is this one by Jose Feliciano in 1969. I decided to leave out the "old man is snoring" part and just feature the main melody. Hope you like this short rendition.

Last edited:
Beautifully done, John. I remember hearing that for the first time when I was a junior in high school and had just discovered Jose's "10 to 23" album!

Well, it may be raining everywhere but THAT brightened MY day up! Thanks John.

Thanks, Luke! I opened up the sliding glass door to let in the sound of the rain. I was hoping for stronger rain for a more dramatic effect, but I guess you take what Mother Nature gives you! :)

Thanks, Brenda! I can't explain the rain in other areas, but it's the rainy season in Japan. I cut out the part where Jose sings that nursery rhyme "it's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring." It's a clever addition but to me sort of breaks the romantic intensity of the song. So anyway, my rendition is super short! :p

Thanks, Bill! I kinda think Jose Feliciano has been underappreciated over the years. His guitar technique and virtuosity is amazing, and he has one of the most recognizable voices in pop music. I think he should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Thanks, Dave! By the way, my son showed me how to transfer video from my camera to my computer using the smart card and a converter, so I'm able to make videos again. And I feel like I finally have a handle on the school semester, so I have a little more time to think about and work on videos. Thanks for your encouragement! :)

You're so right, John! If there's one word that's bound to break romantic intensity, it would be "snoring" !!

That song was meant for you to sing it.

Beautiful.

Really nice and comforting. It's a rainy Sunday morning here in Massachusetts as I listen to your lovely rendition.

Thanks, Bill! This school year has been particularly busy, but I'm getting a handle on things, and that's opened up some free time. Thanks for your your support and encouragement!

Thanks, Maki! Wow, that's nice of you to say!

Thanks, TobyDog! For some reason, I like rain songs. Rainy days make me want to sing rain songs! :)

Just Beautiful John.......I appreciate your voice and talent more with every song.......also that is a mega sounding and beautiful Ukulele with a gorgeous if not damp backdrop!
Mike

Thanks, Mike! I really appreciate it! I like the look of the garden in the rain, when everything looks cool and has a kind of green glow!

Just Beautiful John.......I appreciate your voice and talent more with every song.......also that is a mega sounding and beautiful Ukulele with a gorgeous if not damp backdrop!
Mike

I think that’s the MB that Chuck risked his life going back to his house to finish the uke during the volcano eruption. Right John?

Brenda, you have a great memory! Yes, and that fact makes the ukulele even more special in my eyes. Have you seen his recent one with the erotic octopus?

Wonderful. Thank you.

Brenda, you have a great memory! Yes, and that fact makes the ukulele even more special in my eyes. Have you seen his recent one with the erotic octopus?

I have selective memories but once you see a MB it’s hard to forget!
I don’t think I noticed the octopus. I will check out Chuck post.

Top Bottom