NUD: Cocobolo Concert #382

I also was thinking of signing up, but I noticed there were no prices on their website. At least I couldn't find them. So I don't know if I'd be signing up to look at lotteries for $2,000 ukes or $200 ukes. I understand why they've gone to a lottery system, but I think their website is pretty uninformative. Maybe that's on purpose.

I noticed there were no prices on their website.. I understand why they've gone to a lottery system, but I think their website is pretty uninformative. Maybe that's on purpose.
They vary depending on size and appointments but generally $399-599 with another $100 for shipping.
I think the website doesn't get updated very often since they're getting all the business they can handle through other channels like Facebook

I also was thinking of signing up, but I noticed there were no prices on their website. At least I couldn't find them. So I don't know if I'd be signing up to look at lotteries for $2,000 ukes or $200 ukes. I understand why they've gone to a lottery system, but I think their website is pretty uninformative. Maybe that's on purpose.

They show the price for each uke when they list it on Facebook, and in the email they send out with the latest & greatest completed instruments. You get the emails after you sign up for the lottery "newsletter."

Good point! Something I forgot to mention in the original post.

I paid $549 for this beauty plus $109 for DHL Express shipping, so $658 all-in. I paid my invoice, and the next day the ukulele was packed up to ship, and arrived two days after shipping. The prices of the ukuleles is pretty consistent, and only varies by size (I think).

Kevin and his team are doing a great job, and they included a set of handmade maracas that are made by a local family just down the road from their workshop. I’ll update with a photo of them in a bit!

The amount of inlay for the rosette and the figuring of the cocobolo also affects the price. I think the teak models are slightly different as well.

They also have last-minute options like strap pins, paw print sound ports, and you can ask for a setup height adjustment. I asked for a lower setup for my beginning hand arthritis and Kevin said he would make sure the action was to my request.

The nut and saddle both have a matching radius in their top edges.

So they ask for these options AFTER you've won the lottery?

Yes.

You can choose whether you want them or not after you agree to buy the uke. Cocobolo actually calls them: "Last Minute Options." They offer a discounted humidifier as well.

Not sure how they cut the dog paw print after the uke is made, but they seem to be precise and nicely finished. DHL shipping was right to my door. Only took three days from Nicaragua to US. No CITES woods are used. So, no problem with customs.

Like what happened with YogiTom & Jerry, (couldn't resist), the original "winner" of the lottery for my Tenor #310 declined to purchase it, so I was offered the opportunity.

Only enter for the ukes you really want. Yes, I like the one I got. It wasn't my favorite, but it's very close and it sound and plays great!

Last edited:
Very nice. I keep thinking about the lotteries but then think "I have a 16" concert; how different can another one be?" The teak might make me rethink that. :p

By the way, your radius is 12 inches, not feet. Just in case you're shopping for capos. :)

Very nice. I keep thinking about the lotteries but then think "I have a 16" concert; how different can another one be?" The teak might make me rethink that. :p

By the way, your radius is 12 inches, not feet. Just in case you're shopping for capos. :)

*face palm* Thanks for clarifying. I am a stickler for proper unit of measure notation, and it has been driving me crazy seeing the radii of these and other ukuleles listed with both " and ' after the number...I thought feet (') made more sense given how gentle the curve is, but I suppose I could have also drawn it out with some string to see.

Excuse me while I take my foot out my mouth...:p

And yes, the teak is astoundingly bright and clear yet warm and rich all at once. I haven't touched another uke (save my Harmony bari for 20 minutes today) since it arrived.

Top Bottom