Suggestions for a Concert Uke?

Rosendust

Reaction score
Hi all, I am wanting to branch out and try a different sized uke. Which brands would you recommend at less than $120, and should I shop directly from a trusted dealer(If so, which one? I was thinking The Ukulele Site or Mim?) or my local music shop?

Thanks everyone!

For that price, laminate Ohana, maybe Kala. Definitely Mim - unless your local shop is highly unusual and actually knows something about ukes

Islander AC4 is a very good sounding concert for the money.

IT's pretty hard to wrong with a Kala or Ohana from MIM, or Uke Republic.
You'll get a good setup.

I played a Kala KAC before deciding on the Tenor version and I do like the tone and feel of it.

I also played a couple of others including an Epiphone Les Paul lookalike acoustic electric which as pretty good but Concert is a bit small for me with my arthritic hands hence went for a tenor.

A visit to your local music store to play what they have will help you narrow your choices down to a specific make

I have a range of ukuleles from $4500.00 to $39.95 in my personal collection. My favorite is the Eddy Finn travel uke.Good sound-looks-feel.I made a soft case to hold three of them in their separate cases so I have linear (low G) reentrant (high G) and "jazz (low G and low A) when I go anywhere. Yes, I do sell ukuleles, mandolins,banjos, and guitars. I cannot mention the price because it is below the minimum that I am permitted by the company to advertise. I am blessed with a daughter who teaches piano at a local university. She is cursed with A440 perfect pitch. She does not make faces when I play them in her presence.

Top Bottom