Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 383: Summer Rites

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    India vs Pakistan in the world cup at Old Trafford Manchester.....on free to air TV here - I also won't pay to watch TV.
    I hope Pakistan wins probably only because India beat Australia....
    Rain stopped play (surprise surprise!) , but looks like India ftw. Due to start again soon I believe. Used to watch plenty of cricket when test matches and county cricket were on terrestrial, back in the days when the Aussies and Windies regularly used to beat us

Good evening ukulele pickers.

I've been away today and I'm tired. I'll try and comment tomorrow.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

the sweetness of a summer night...

lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

is there a song limit, geoff? re-reading your post i'm thinking you only want one song each from us this week?
    lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

The only idea I have been looking at for a summer themed song, is a translation of a song from english to danish. Probably not the most interesting listen for someone who doesnt speak danish, but otherwise I am out of ideas.
    Lets see if I even have time for it this week. There is a big deadline at work.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by UkingViking View Post
    The only idea I have been looking at for a summer themed song, is a translation of a song from english to danish. Probably not the most interesting listen for someone who doesnt speak danish, but otherwise I am out of ideas.
    Lets see if I even have time for it this week. There is a big deadline at work.
    I didn't put a somg limit on because I don't expect huge numbers of entries. I've no doubt I'll get a shed load from you Lynda but if you could restrain yourself to one a day....
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    the sweetness of a summer night...
    Nice bit of picking there, Lynda.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    India vs Pakistan in the world cup at Old Trafford Manchester.....on free to air TV here - I also won't pay to watch TV.
    I hope Pakistan wins probably only because India beat Australia....
    Ticket prices for the glamour matches like this one were pretty high too. Anything involving England, Australia, or India meant paying about 100 for a decent seat. A group of us are going to Headingley to see West Indies v. Afghanistan, which was considerably cheaper!
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Ticket prices for the glamour matches like this one were pretty high too. Anything involving England, Australia, or India meant paying about 100 for a decent seat. A group of us are going to Headingley to see West Indies v. Afghanistan, which was considerably cheaper!
    Nice one Steve. Judging by the great atmosphere at these games so far, from what I’ve seen, you should be in for a treat. Take your brolly and a flask of warm tea though, JIC

I have absolutely nothing to add about the cricket! A bit of a challenge this week, Geoff, but I have got a sort of an idea. Unfortunately, I managed to slosh tea all over my one fully-functioning Chromebook this morning and it is no longer functioning at all. I have two others ... this one, which is incredibly slow and has lost half its keyboard and another which, inexplicably, has completely lost its audio. Hope to be with you later in the week if the new Chromebook arrives in time.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Thread Information