NUD: David Hanson 5 string tenor: "Caramelele"

JIm, I like everything about this new uke. Looking forward to hearing your explorations of the tuning, which I think is rad!

Very ethereal sounding, and relaxing to listen to. I think you've got a winner there!

bratsche

Good videos, Jim. Your explanations of what you're doing are compelling and I did not once do the common habit of fast forwarding to the music parts. :)

Very cool looking and sounding instrument. So happy this turned out well for you! Thanks for sharing with us.

Congratulations Jim! Thank you for sharing the build and the resulting outstanding instrument. It’s got a wonderful sound, and I like how you’re exploring and revealing the Caramelele.

Thanks everyone. I have at least two full productions in-progress with this guy. Hopefully they will come to fruition before too terribly long.

Congrats on a fine design and finished product Jim.

I really enjoyed the videos, especially the sound samples and explanations of the different voicings. I can envision some frailing/clawhammer technique acquisition in your future :)

Are the new projects as unusual as this one or more mainstream?

Sorry. I can see how that statement was misunderstood. I meant to say that I have two songs that I am working on that will feature this uke.

I shall neither confirm nor deny that I have any other instruments being commissioned at this time. :p

Very cool and unique instrument you have there. Great looking and sounding to boot.

I happened across this thread after seeing you had mentioned it and started searching 5-string tenor guitar. As I have a couple of six strings that I was contemplating conversions on. And you're evenly spaced design is just what I had in mind.

Fantastic Jim. Thinking outside the box and always trying new things, be it tuning or strings or body shape. When I first read the title I was envision double 4th strings, high and low g. Then when I when I saw the tuner arrangement, I thought low and high but spaced to finger pick or strum as you see fit. Very cool what you are doing.

The instrument is great. Nice choice of woods. Build looks to be immaculate. Volume is great as is sustainable. How wide is the bout to widest part of the body? What is the depth of the body.

Congratulation of a well conceived project. Builder get creds for this as do you for thinking it up! Can’t wait to hear more and see what you go with it.

Thanks for shaping.

How wide is the bout to widest part of the body? What is the depth of the body.

Congratulation of a well conceived project. Builder get creds for this as do you for thinking it up! Can’t wait to hear more and see what you go with it.

Thanks folks.

The width is 12" and depth is 3".

I think the only full project I've posted so far with this one is over here:
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?141117-Song-Sketch-quot-Happyish-quot

There is a companion to that one recorded months ago but I keep getting sidetracked with other projects. Need to get back to it. :)

Top Bottom