Thread: NUD Kala Longneck

Default NUD Kala Longneck

Hi everyone! Been a while since I have posted other than the occasional visit to the Seasons.

Been wrestling a lot with where to focus my musical effort with so little time to give to it.

So I decided to refocus on Uke again. And I traded a 6 string for this little 4 string today.

14F2CCA0-5D77-4BC9-8164-766753AFDE60.jpg

I love tabbing out stuff so I hope to share some again and update some older ones too.

Hope to be around a little more often.

Tom

Congratulations Tom!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by engravertom View Post
    Hi everyone! Been a while since I have posted other than the occasional visit to the Seasons.

Been wrestling a lot with where to focus my musical effort with so little time to give to it.

So I decided to refocus on Uke again. And I traded a 6 string for this little 4 string today.

14F2CCA0-5D77-4BC9-8164-766753AFDE60.jpg

I love tabbing out stuff so I hope to share some again and update some older ones too.

Hope to be around a little more often.

Tom
    Is that the solid spruce top version? I had the basic version for a couple of years and quite liked it, the long neck Sopranos are compact (so easy to move about) and the concert scale gives more space for fingers. Mine ended up being not quite what I wanted (I donít like gloss finishes and I found it too bright with some strings) so I let it go to make space for other Ukes to learn from and experiment on. I feel sure that your new (to you) Uke will give you hours of fun, congratulations.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 06-15-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Good for you Tom! Congrats on the new uke!
    Happy just to be a Newbie, Penny

Good to have you back in the fold, those long necks are great fun.

I spent my main time learning to play on one, still have it, & it is useful to try things out on, when I'm just looking to work something out.

Have fun.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Greenbag View Post
    Is that the solid spruce top version? I had the basic version for a couple of years and quite liked it, the long neck Sopranos are compact (so easy to move about) and the concert scale gives more space for fingers. Mine ended up being not quite what I wanted (I don’t like gloss finishes and I found it too bright with some strings) so I let it go to make space for other Ukes to learn from and experiment on. I feel sure that your new (to you) Uke will give you hours of fun, congratulations.
    Yes, the solid top version. I had the one like you had several years ago. I also enjoyed it quite a bit. I gave it to a friend to encourage them to play. I prefer satin finishes. I tried a Cůrdoba concert with a satin finish but it didn’t sound near as nice as the one I took home.

Thanks for all the replies!

Thread Information