Help - Identification

MStang

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have a banjo ukulele that I recently inherited. There are no markings of any kind on it and no one can tell me anything about it. Anything and everything any of you can tell me about it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
ms

Last edited:
Take the resonator off of the uke, and see if there is any information on the inside. It looks like 4 screws should do it.

Going by the scale it appears to be a 15" (Concert) scale instrument.
It wouldn't surprise me if its a one off hand built instrument. The carving of the neck is very good so it was built by a skilled craftsman.

It always surprises me to see old instruments with no manufacturer's name on them. My first cheapie uke has no brand name. Someone obviously made it. Are they ashamed of it? : )

Really? The decals used for logos or the paper labels inside the body were not meant to last forever, and if an instrument was being used for most of its 80-100 year life--not sitting in the case in an attic--then it should be no surprise that the markings have worn off with age and use.

As to your, I'm assuming, modern no-name ukulele...that well could fall under the category of not wanting to be associated with the product. It also could be it was a contracted build with another company, and the producer didn't put any ID on it so the seller could later.

Thank you all. You were a huge help. Really appreciate it.

Top Bottom