Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a certain style of uke

Default looking for a certain style of uke

like jake's uke. 4 string, but with classical style headstock and tuners. but i also need electronics to go with it.

so far the closest thing i can find outside the realm and price range of kamakas, is the lanikai 6 string. i play mostly rhythm anyway so im not scared of the two extra strings. but optimally, i would like a 4 string tenor fitting into a budget of about $400. is there such a beast? or am i stuck with looking for a custom builder or just getting the lanikai?

thanks for any suggestions.

Are you looking to pick up this new uke before Christmas or sometime next year? We're planning on doing ukulele reviews on the new site once it's up so that may help you with your decision. There are actually A LOT of ukes that may fit your price range and are still quality instruments.

im in no rush. i wasnt actually planning on picking up this particular uke until next year anyway. so im looking forward to those reviews. but im pretty dead set on the three aspects, which should narrow my choices down pretty well. tenor size, pickup, and classical headstock. preferably 4string but i may be able to live with a 6 string. and a cutaway would be a nice extra. my budget is a factor as well, but we all know that sometimes you just gotta shell it out for that particular one that fits you best.

out of curiosity, will the reviews be done by people who are known to have had or currently have several ukuleles of different brand, model, quality, etc? or will they be reviews written by members on the particular ukulele(s) that they own?

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDOC View Post
    im in no rush. i wasnt actually planning on picking up this particular uke until next year anyway. so im looking forward to those reviews. but im pretty dead set on the three aspects, which should narrow my choices down pretty well. tenor size, pickup, and classical headstock. preferably 4string but i may be able to live with a 6 string. and a cutaway would be a nice extra. my budget is a factor as well, but we all know that sometimes you just gotta shell it out for that particular one that fits you best.

out of curiosity, will the reviews be done by people who are known to have had or currently have several ukuleles of different brand, model, quality, etc? or will they be reviews written by members on the particular ukulele(s) that they own?
    We're probably going to have someone (Aldrine) do the reviews. There are a lot of things to look for when choosing an ukulele so we're looking forward to sharing this info with everyone!

If members have experiences to share with their ukes, they can feel free to let us know and we can figure something out.

thats actually what i was hoping for! i just didnt wanna say it haha. thanks. cant wait to read some of the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDOC View Post
    thats actually what i was hoping for! i just didnt wanna say it haha. thanks. cant wait to read some of the reviews.
    Try a Kanile'a Ukulele super tenor...absolutely beautiful and the sound is absolutely amazing!!! i was set on a Kamaka but now that i have heard and tried out the Kanile'a Super Tenor Ukulele im kind of changing my wishes.

its a little expensive though, i think maybe around 800-1000, but i think its totally worth it.

sorry i guess i was no help in the 400 catagory??? =(

but i just wanted to let you know about that option!

The guy from Kanilea is a really cool guy. He was the one guy who really spent time with Aldrine and Aaron explaining his ukulele. You could see he was really proud of what his company puts out.

In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D

Quote Originally Posted by CenizaT&K-01 View Post
    Try a Kanile'a Ukulele super tenor...absolutely beautiful and the sound is absolutely amazing!!! i was set on a Kamaka but now that i have heard and tried out the Kanile'a Super Tenor Ukulele im kind of changing my wishes.

its a little expensive though, i think maybe around 800-1000, but i think its totally worth it.

sorry i guess i was no help in the 400 catagory??? =(

but i just wanted to let you know about that option!
    Oh God... I wanted one of those... hahah
    GET AWESOME!
    Eater of all chocolate.
    YouTube UkuleleOVERSOUL

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrine Guerrero View Post
    Oh God... I wanted one of those... hahah
    man im debating hard on what to get. i really want a kamaka but the sound and the feel of the Kanile'a is absolutely wonderful...

Both are a good choice. but i would say...

Kamaka>Kanile'a

Thread Information