My first bass!

Following! Curious to see how you like it. I went with the solid body but that should be a good acoustic model.

I tried to talk my wife into buying KohanMikes solid body Goldtone.
I liked that Mike is just up the road, that the bass took metal or soft strings and it was a fabulous price.
For whatever reason, she wasn't in.
Go figure. But all's well that ends well.

^^^ Your wife made a good choice!

^^^ Your wife made a good choice!
Not according to me. I had to do a big pack job to ship the ME to the east coast. Would have preferred a local person to buy it.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Not according to me. I had to do a big pack job to ship the ME to the east coast. Would have preferred a local person to buy it.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Yep, I don't get her some times.
She's passed up several great bargains, only to buy retail.
We have been together for 33 years and she remains a mystery to me.

We plugged it into the bass amp for the first time last night, wow.

Amazing little instrument.

ETA: Just found out that the bass has a name. "Cerberus."

Apparently, Terry Carter names each instrument he sells.

Last edited:
Just bought one of these beauties myself about a month ago. Lovely sound.

Maki, are you enjoying your u bass still? Overall impressions?

Still enjoying it very much. My impression is that its a very good instrument, but then again, its the only bass I've ever played.

Work and home life has been super busy, so while that's good money wise, time and energy has been very limited.

I expect to be working 80 hour weeks for the next 4 months. Music is going to take a back seat for a while.

Top Bottom