Question on bending Mango

Cornerstone

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have bent many sets of all kinds of woods but Mango not being of of them. I'm about to build an All Mango Uke with some pretty curly stuff and before I crack a side I thought I'd those with experience.
This stuff feels a lot like Myrtle/Walnut to me,so if I was to guess I'd say it will bend relatively easy. I guess! lol
Please chime in....Thanks!

You offer classes and yet there is no mention of where you are located on your website? I wanted to find out where you were located and advise to get yourself a bottle of SuperSoft II for when doing a wood with short grain that you have a doubt about. You are in the US, a small bottle and shipping will be an inexpensive addition.

You offer classes and yet there is no mention of where you are located on your website? I wanted to find out where you were located and advise to get yourself a bottle of SuperSoft II for when doing a wood with short grain that you have a doubt about. You are in the US, a small bottle and shipping will be an inexpensive addition.

I have tried SuperSoft Veneer Softener years ago. I didn't like the results and it stained some of the test runs. But I've built over 50 guitars without it...I think I'll be fine.

Thanks for the heads up on the location. Since I moved my shop back home I deleted the address from my website and forgot to add a location.
I am in California, Westminster to be exact.

I too have bent some pretty curly mango with no problems

Top Bottom