Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK to swap Kala round-wound strings for the elastic ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy B View Post
    Thanks UkerDanno! Did you ever try a fretted model? I’m wondering if they work well with the Pahoehoes as well.
    They work fine on fretted too...
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Waverly Street banjolele - Worth Browns
    Tenor: Epiphone Hummingbird - Living Water low G
    UBass: Kala FS2 - Pahoehoe

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy B View Post
    Thanks again, Kohanmike! Looking forward to what you think of those new Galli strings. Very much appreciate the info on the fret rattle as well; guess I don’t have to go shopping for a fretless model. (Whew, gear acquisition syndrome was rearing its ugly head again.)
    Strings by Mail did not have the Galli strings in stock, which they did not show on the listing, I thought they were. I didn't pay attention to the order confirmation that showed back ordered in small letters. They sent me a notification today that they're on back order. It really felt like bait and switch to me so i cancelled. I should have realized something was fishy that their price was $23, when everyone else's is $32.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thread Information