Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found an unsold Martin style 1 centennial

Default Found an unsold Martin style 1 centennial

It is on its way to me.. but this seems odd to find one.. I thought they sold off all..
    Wondering if I should just sell it to someone else so that they can register it..
    excited but overwhelmed with my uke count

I now have more ukuleles than I meant to, and so far can't single any out to sell. So, if overwhelmed with your uke count, I suggest my current approach: Just don't count them. :-)

Enjoy the centennial Martin!

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    I now have more ukuleles than I meant to, and so far can't single any out to sell. So, if overwhelmed with your uke count, I suggest my current approach: Just don't count them. :-)

Enjoy the centennial Martin!
    Hehehe... yeah. I am eager to try it out but I have 4 awesome vintages and 2 really nice new martin sopranos.. so if the sound is not unique in comparison or in line with others I would prefer some one else have the pleasure of owning it.

When you get it, post the serial number. I'll look up mine and post it.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

If you do decide to sell it along, send me a PM. I might have a "forever home" for it. :-)
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano | Rebel Double Cream mango concert
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2 (special) | Kanile'a K-1 C | Bruko #6
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

I enjoy mine, especially the neck. It has a great neck, and it punches. It is good looking as well. As you know already, it will not sound with the timber of a vintage, but it has it's own strong voice. I will be curious as to your impressions. I think about selling sometimes, and put it back, after I play it. It lives next to 1918 old martin. So that is my collection of 2 ukes. 99 yrs apart is close to 100 years apart for me and that makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluze View Post
    If you do decide to sell it along, send me a PM. I might have a "forever home" for it. :-)
    thank you! will let you know

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshin View Post
    I enjoy mine, especially the neck. It has a great neck, and it punches. It is good looking as well. As you know already, it will not sound with the timber of a vintage, but it has it's own strong voice. I will be curious as to your impressions. I think about selling sometimes, and put it back, after I play it. It lives next to 1918 old martin. So that is my collection of 2 ukes. 99 yrs apart is close to 100 years apart for me and that makes me smile.
    That is nice to hear! This hope (and fear) that it will sound awesome and better than the non centennial soporanos that Martin sells.

Got mine, it does have a sound I would call sweet. The grain is nice as well. More later..

Congrats on your centennial. You don’t sound impressed though..
    aNueNue Moon Bird US200 || Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Yamaha GL1
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

Thread Information