Vintage martin style o

Status
Not open for further replies.

teninobob

Reaction score
OK here it is :) thanks to all of you, dating this beautiful little martin puts it at 40s or 50s. It is in excellent condition, has that beautiful martin sound and projection. All the info on the cleaning and everything I did to it is in my earlier post, so I’m not going to repeat myself here And yes I would be happy to ship to Hawaii. E16474D8-7ED5-46C2-BB53-3B427BC4D2CD.jpg

I am having major trouble putting pictures in, all the other pictures which are about the size of a Silverdollar LOL are in the other post. I have the ukulele on offer up that shows the uke as I cleaned her up. www.ducksdeluke.com. There is a video of a martin tech using it that is exactly what I did. I highly recommend the stuff. It is not a wax. I called it duck wax and that was my mistake .... I think u can check out the ad on offer up it has great close up shots. $500.00 plus shipping

Last edited:
What did you do to "clean" it? I tried to track down a previous post covering this, but I can't seem to locate it.

Thanks,

Ryan

Per black bear ukes recommendation I removed the strings and used OOOO steel wool and mineral oil on the fretboard, removed the tuners and They really didn’t need anything but I checked them out clean them up reinstalled them, and then duck wax on the body and new martin 600 strings. Worked amazing :)

Per black bear ukes recommendation I removed the strings and used OOOO steel wool and mineral oil on the fretboard, removed the tuners and They really didn’t need anything but I checked them out clean them up reinstalled them, and then duck wax on the body and new martin 600 strings. Worked amazing :)

Duck wax? For removing duck and turkey feathers?

Did you put on a lot of wax? Do you think it would be easy to remove?

Is there any finish checking that wax would have gotten into?

Did you scrub in the direction of the wood grain of the fretboard when cleaning it with the steel wool?

Does it have bar or T frets?

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't know anything about this particular uke or seller, but some time ago I did a pretty extensive research on vintage Mahogany Martin sopranos. I tried a few of them and ended up with Style1 from 20's. They may not be the easiest to play, but the way they sound once you start playing it's hard to put one down! If you never tried one, this may be a good chance.

I don't know anything about this particular uke or seller, but some time ago I did a pretty extensive research on vintage Mahogany Martin sopranos. I tried a few of them and ended up with Style1 from 20's. They may not be the easiest to play, but the way they sound once you start playing it's hard to put one down! If you never tried one, this may be a good chance.

If your uke is hard to play, then you should get it setup. Assuming that you don't know how, you should bring it to a local luthier. I currently only own vintage Martin ukes. I have 6 sopranos and a concert. They are all setup and play fantastic.

I could not agree more. I got this from a guitar instructor who would agree as well. It plays beautifully. I have been around here for years under 2 previous usernames.... all under the same email... had to register again due to not being able to log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom