Check out some articles on my blog/site, BennyUkes.blogspot.com

13down

Reaction score
I've been writing a blog about ukes. I honestly thought of it after beginning to write several forum posts and realizing that they seemed too long for the forum.

Here are two posts that I'm curious to hear UUer feedback on.

A review of Andy Eastwood's piece for uke and string quartet: https://bennyukes.blogspot.com/2019/06/on-andy-eastwoods-spacescape-for.html

A tribute to the merits of the soprano uke: https://bennyukes.blogspot.com/2019/05/in-defense-of-little-soprano-uke.html

I'm generally curious what people think. Also wondering if anyone thinks I should change the title of my post on the soprano uke.

Nice blog. I don't have any real opinion on the title. It works. I found your article on woods interesting. I've become quite obsessed with building stringed instruments over the past couple of years. I'm about to start on a steel string baritone uke, with a Redwood top and Bay Laurel back/sides.

I'm also about to read your article on friction tuners. I put a nice set of Waverlys on my recently acquired Harmony Baritone, and my first reaction is that I dislike them. My instinctive first reaction is to pull them off and install a set of Grover Sta-tites, but I'll wait. Maybe I'll come around.

I like your blog, and agree with your observations on the soprano. I can get a better soprano uke at a similar price point when compared to other sizes.

I like friction tuners, and your comments are spot on. If there is a choice of similar ukuleles, I go with the one with friction tuners.

Thanks for the heads up on Andy Eastwood's composition. I had not heard it before.

Keep up the blog posts, I enjoy reading them.

I put a nice set of Waverlys on my recently acquired Harmony Baritone, and my first reaction is that I dislike them. My instinctive first reaction is to pull them off and install a set of Grover Sta-tites, but I'll wait. Maybe I'll come around.

I haven’t played a baritone with frictions but it might be tougher to use frictions due to the string tension. But I wouldn’t be surprised if once the strings settle it starts to feel normal!

Top Bottom