Ukulele Kids Club story

Nickie

Reaction score
I was gifted a wonderful sounding, easy to play, entry level Kohala uke in a beautiful blue gig bag by an anonymous donor.
I didn't really need another un-amped uke, so I decided to post about it here, looking for ideas.
One generous minded soul said I should offer it as a prize to whomever in my club (TBUS) Would make a donation to UKC.
So, I did.
Someone almost immediately donated $100 to UKC, I found her receipt, and she is coming around TBUG to pick it up!
Now all I have to do is keep it safe...

That's the way to do it Nikki, good on all.

I'm sure I told this Kids Club story before; every Memorial Day and Labor day our group, The CC Strummers, has a pot luck party in lieu of rehearsal that day. For the past four years we've raffled off a ukulele, $10 for three tickets, that someone donated, either from their personal collection or in the last two cases, that they won in a raffle at a uke festival they attended, very generous gestures. We've averaged about $600 for each raffle so far, and I have a concert uke and a banjolele waiting for the next two parties. All proceeds going to The Ukulele Kids Club.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
I just saw on the UKC page that if you buy one of the Cloud Music (who makes their ukuleles) Stars and Stripes Ukuleles, Cloud Music will donate one to UKC. They are $70, so it's a slightly overpriced soprano (for one instrument), but when you actually are buying 2 and giving one away, it's not a bad deal. I think they do this all the time with the actual Ukulele Kids Club ukuleles if you buy one.

Wow, Micheal, kudos to you!

Those ukes used to be $40 each, man, they went up!
But I guess if you're doing two, it's a pretty good deal.

I think those Stars and Stripes ukes are a special deal, the standard ukes are still $40-$45 if I'm not mistaken. Each time I order 10 more ukes from The UKC for UCLA/Mattel Children's hospital, Corey adds 5 decorated beginner ukes for the little kids we encounter.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Top Bottom