If You Own More than One

I keep playing different ukes - sizes, tunings, and shapes. I like the variety of feel and sound. I'm very careful with the "good" ones, though. I keep a walnut Flea next to me to pick up and play around with, but the others are always in their cases, either next to me or upstairs.

Now it’s summer, my “players” are in either hung up in easy reach or flaked out on this chair or that. 0683FB5F-D6C1-4FD0-B62D-4C49E9CEA280.jpg

...no idea why the pic is upside down :/

Now it’s summer, my “players” are in either hung up in easy reach or flaked out on this chair or that. View attachment 119203

...no idea why the pic is upside down :/

Upside down seems like a good way to hang. I always thought hanging by the neck would cause stress at the neck joint unless we are talking about dovetail joint.

I guess that when I play the my Bas'nBeri, it is practicing with 2 at the same time. Take a lookView attachment 119202View attachment 119201

I have never seen anything like these? Maybe you could post more pics under Uke p*** and give us a story???

I play one uke for practicing. Unless my hand(S) start to tire, but usually by then I've run through all the stuff I wanna do.

When rehearsing with the Ladies of Uke, I may switch back and forth between uke and banjouke, depending on what the song needs.

Upside down seems like a good way to hang. I always thought hanging by the neck would cause stress at the neck joint unless we are talking about dovetail joint.

I don’t worry about hanging guitars from yoke type hangers... I don’t even give a second thought to hanging an instrument as light as a ukulele.

I don’t worry about hanging guitars from yoke type hangers... I don’t even give a second thought to hanging an instrument as light as a ukulele.

I know it would be fine hanging but I just have that nagging feeling that there’s some microscopic stress going on. I hang my ukes in their gigbags.

Some days I may only manage to play one, current go to is the
Northern low G. I usually try to play two, Northern and pineapple. Some days may manage to play three, Northern Pineapple and soprano. I haven't touched my tenor in months. I may play anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes at night.

I have a low g that I play most of the time because some of the country songs I'm working on just sound completely off in re-entrant. I do almost all finger-picking.
My re-entrant only comes out when I play with other people and strum which isn't often.
I will break out my re-entrant banjo uke once in awhile just for fun

I have a soprano, a sopranino ukulele and a banjolele.
The soprano and banjolele are tuned in C.
The sopranino in D.
All reentrant.
I mostly play the soprano, but I like to play some pieces on the sopranino.
I play less often the banjolele.

Top Bottom