Season 384: Wilco!

Sorry Berni, I didn't mean to tread on your toes. There must have been some vibe in the cosmos that we were both tuned into for a moment. I'm looking forward to whatever the muse inspires.

No need for an apology, Andy. I was more amazed by the "cosmic vibe" than anything else.

I also know nothing of Wilco, except for knowing that they exist. So I went back to their first album and picked out a title I liked. Fortunately, it had a fairly simple chord progression.

Some whistling and kazoo used on this one.

Thanks, I will do my best. Until I get my shift details, I don't know what I will see and what I will miss, but to make certain people here jealous, my "to see" list includes Nick Lowe, Hawkwind, Frank Turner, & Billy Bragg. Oh, and Kylie...

Hope your schedule cooperates, Steve! Glastonbury is one worth crossing the pond to see ...

Here's one Billy Bragg did with Wilco. These lyrics were written by Woody Guthrie. Again I listened to it just a couple of times and turned the recorder on, and here's what came out

Thanks for hosting Andy! I remember hearing a few versions of this song a few weeks ago on the Golden Coast theme, and I really liked it. So it was on my list to learn.

Hello, Andy! A voyage of discovery for me this week as I know very little (for which read "nothing") about Wilco. I looked through their tracks and chose this song, simply because we currently have bees in our garden - there is a hive there, placed by a local "beeman", to avoid the bees heading straight down our chimney, which they would otherwise do. I found the lyrics quite impenetrable, but I read that they might reflect Tweedy's personal struggles at the time it was written ... problems with drugs and also crippling migraines (perhaps the "muzzle of bees"?) Since the bird song and bee-buzzing which I incidentally recorded whilst filming the hive, sounded a lot better than my efforts at coming to grips with this song, I deliberately amplified those and turned down my singing/playing!

Good morning (or afternoon or evening, depending on time zone)! The playlist is now up to date to here. Twenty excellent videos so far. I've enjoyed each and every one.

Please let me know if I have missed your contribution and I will add it to the playlist ASAP.

If you aren't sure where to start send me a PM and I'll try and point you in a direction that fits your taste/style.

And if you've been lurking around the seasons and have been thinking about contributing, there's no better time than now. Please join us.

:cheers:

Where have these guys been all my life? Right up my street both to listen to and to play/sing.

This is from their album Star Wars.

Was inspired by the other versions of this beautiful song that have already been brought this season. Found a pattern of inverted chords that I liked, and didn't look back. Embarrassed to say I didn't even listen to the original, but this song kind of sings itself. Thanks again Andy, I've really enjoyed discovering Wilco's vast selection of material ~

Top Bottom