Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 384: Wilco!

Andy, thanks for including the Billy Bragg sessions! So many unearthed treasures ...

One of several Natalie Merchant sang.

Martin C1K • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

I liked te title of this song, here is my take on I'm always in love.
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xommen
    My soundclouds: https://soundcloud.com/wvommen, https://soundcloud.com/uke22live
    The band: http://www.uke22.nl
    My ukes:
    Soprano: Black Korala, Bach Spruce top
    Concert: Epiphone Les Paul, Ohana CKS-15E, Makawao UK 40, Richwood
    Tenor:
    Hudson HUK-T.

And we're off to a cracking start. I didn't expect this Season to be out of the gate so quickly. The playlist link is now up on the OP. Thanks for your entires so far.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by Barbablanca View Post
    Reading that Brian said we were running out of hosts, I thought "Hmm, it has been a while since I hosted.What theme could I suggest people write songs to? I know HOME!"

Then I wake up this morning to find that you are offering that theme to us songwriters!!! Now for some inspiration.
    Sorry Berni, I didn't mean to tread on your toes. There must have been some vibe in the cosmos that we were both tuned into for a moment. I'm looking forward to whatever the muse inspires.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

I know nothing of Wilco, I've heard of them for decades now of course, but knew little to nothing about them. It's a funny world, people in the past thought I knew their early stuff cause it was considered alternative country. They're a rock band. They specifically say they're not a country band. They have a lot of influences of course, but they're really the opposite of say a Gram Parsons, who I've seen them compared to. Parsons had a lot of influences too, but he had a deep intense love of traditional country music. Wilco isn't that, but they probably dig Hank Williams. It's a very different approach. None of this is a criticism, just an observation. Anyhow, all that said never heard this song before, got a kick out of it. Listened to it 3 times then turned the recorder on and this was the first and only take. lol I figured with the grunge sound this had, that was the way to go here. Fun stuff!

"i thought i held you"

lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Another one from the Billy Bragg & Wilco recordings, and another one which was sung by Natalie Merchant. Annoyingly, I am going to miss the rest of this week, as I set off tomorrow to be a steward at the Glastonbury Festival, so this is it from me...

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Have a great time at Glastonbury, Steve!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Have a great time at Glastonbury, Steve!
    Thanks, I will do my best. Until I get my shift details, I don't know what I will see and what I will miss, but to make certain people here jealous, my "to see" list includes Nick Lowe, Hawkwind, Frank Turner, & Billy Bragg. Oh, and Kylie...
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Thanks, I will do my best. Until I get my shift details, I don't know what I will see and what I will miss, but to make certain people here jealous, my "to see" list includes Nick Lowe, Hawkwind, Frank Turner, & Billy Bragg. Oh, and Kylie...
    My first gig was Kylie in Sydney in 2002!
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Thread Information