A lesson in loving what you have

Oh yes......been there done that. I posted my Mya Moe baritone and after almost two weeks and no movement I pulled the ad. Boy I am ever glad I did, what a marvelous instrument. I watch and listen to the fade of minimalism and I think "yea I should get rid of a bunch of stuff". Wrong...if it brings you joy keep it. As the old song lyric goes "If you ain't with the one you love, then love the one you're with"

Great playing and congrats on rekindling with the little moon bird.

I was surprised . And I know as I play each it only makes it harder to decide. So I tell myself by letting them go, I'll get to meet new ones and new friends.

I view the ukes almost in an anthromorphic manner. That they like to be played. After all they open up as a result of being played. So if a ukulele is not played I see it as it deserves to go to a home where it will be loved.

I have been struggling with this exact issue; my recent acquisition of a couple of used customs has opened an unexpected rift between me and my K brand ukes, which used to be my go-to 'ukulele for gigging and/or teaching. I don't see myself risking a pickup installation in either of the customs (especially when I already have such useful results with the K brand ukes), so I'm trying hard to remain inspired by the K brands, listening very carefully to their sound, adjusting their setups, and experimenting with new repertoire.

If I'm not able to fall back in love with them, I'll be at a crossroads. At least these are the right kinds of problems to have. :music:

Last edited:
"If you ain't with the one you love, then love the one you're with"

Those lyrics always amazed me. On the one hand, I can understand appreciating the people around you, but I wonder how a wife would feel if she were married to a man who held that philosophy. "Well, I'll be back from this business trip in two weeks. Gotta go find some ladies to love." :D

I love all my ukes, but I'd like to find new homes for some of them.

You guys are scaring me, I'm waiting for delivery of a uke that I paid more than I did for a number of my cars; based on the sound, ( and if I'm honest, it's also gorgeous).
I had that buying/selling thing with two really nice Pono's so I should know better :D

You pulled the post just in time to save me from UAS! I was ready to pull the trigger, lol.

I recently sold a firefly banjo uke and replaced it with another banjo uke that turned out to be too heavy form me to play comfortably. It looked nicer than the firefly, and even sounded better, but was just not a good fit for me. I found myself missing the firefly, and ordered a new one, and now have the other banjo uke for sale here and on Reverb.

Yup, those are the ones. Hell, I've paid more for a tank of gas than I did for a few of my cars

When I was a kid, the $50 car was readily available. I once bought a '57 Olds that originated in FL, and the buyer hadn't ordered it with the optional heater. It was tough driving that in NY in the winter.

Top Bottom