Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A lesson in loving what you have

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Eddie View Post
    ... So I tell myself by letting them go, I'll get to meet new ones and new friends.
    I liked a lot of your post, but this last line really stood out to me. What a great way to think of this process!
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — 1918-19 Martin 2M Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

A new love of my aNueNue.
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — 1918-19 Martin 2M Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

Oh yes......been there done that. I posted my Mya Moe baritone and after almost two weeks and no movement I pulled the ad. Boy I am ever glad I did, what a marvelous instrument. I watch and listen to the fade of minimalism and I think "yea I should get rid of a bunch of stuff". Wrong...if it brings you joy keep it. As the old song lyric goes "If you ain't with the one you love, then love the one you're with"
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Great playing and congrats on rekindling with the little moon bird.
    Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Martin C1K Uke || Enya EUT-M6E
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Eddie View Post
    I was surprised . And I know as I play each it only makes it harder to decide. So I tell myself by letting them go, I'll get to meet new ones and new friends.
    I view the ukes almost in an anthromorphic manner. That they like to be played. After all they open up as a result of being played. So if a ukulele is not played I see it as it deserves to go to a home where it will be loved.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors

4 Sale: Pineapple - MP Cali, Tenor: Washburn, Luna Tattoo

I have been struggling with this exact issue; my recent acquisition of a couple of used customs has opened an unexpected rift between me and my K brand ukes, which used to be my go-to 'ukulele for gigging and/or teaching. I don't see myself risking a pickup installation in either of the customs (especially when I already have such useful results with the K brand ukes), so I'm trying hard to remain inspired by the K brands, listening very carefully to their sound, adjusting their setups, and experimenting with new repertoire.

If I'm not able to fall back in love with them, I'll be at a crossroads. At least these are the right kinds of problems to have.
    Last edited by bacchettadavid; 06-26-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    "Who hears music, feels his solitude Peopled at once -- for how count heart-beats plain / Unless a company, with hearts which beat, / Come close to the musician, seen or no?" - Robert Browning, "Balaustion's Adventure"

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    "If you ain't with the one you love, then love the one you're with"
    Those lyrics always amazed me. On the one hand, I can understand appreciating the people around you, but I wonder how a wife would feel if she were married to a man who held that philosophy. "Well, I'll be back from this business trip in two weeks. Gotta go find some ladies to love."

I love all my ukes, but I'd like to find new homes for some of them.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

You guys are scaring me, I'm waiting for delivery of a uke that I paid more than I did for a number of my cars; based on the sound, ( and if I'm honest, it's also gorgeous).
    I had that buying/selling thing with two really nice Pono's so I should know better

Quote Originally Posted by olphart View Post
    You guys are scaring me, I'm waiting for delivery of a uke that I paid more than I did for a number of my cars...
    Yeah, I've had some cars like that.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Yeah, I've had some cars like that.
    Yup, those are the ones. Hell, I've paid more for a tank of gas than I did for a few of my cars

Thread Information