Thread: Joe Cocker and the Beatles

Default Joe Cocker and the Beatles

Hi, Dave! I am singing "With A Little Help From My Friend" for next gig. Larkin Poe's version is Joe Cocker's 3/4 time and great soul anthem. But she uses John Lennon's G chord (see the photo below). That is the real cover of both Joe Cocker and the Beatles. :-)

Rebecca is my taste and I just saw her face instead of her left hand in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o28u...b&index=2&t=0s
    Fender Custom Shop 1962 Jazzmaster Relic, '70s Morris W-35 (dreadnought), Rolland spd one kick

I don't think that this chord is relevant for ukulele. The only version I ever play and I have no idea if it's closer to the Beatles or Cocker is in F from beatlesite.info. Works great for my voice and I love the ending sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    I don't think that this chord is relevant for ukulele. The only version I ever play and I have no idea if it's closer to the Beatles or Cocker is in F from beatlesite.info. Works
    The original take is key of A. I can not sing on A. I use capo 5 and make the key D. Capo 5 is same as ukulele (see the photo below). This is the recording of rubber soul.

Fender Custom Shop 1962 Jazzmaster Relic, '70s Morris W-35 (dreadnought), Rolland spd one kick

Quote Originally Posted by yahalele View Post
    The original take is key of A. I can not sing on A. I use capo 5 and make the key D. Capo 5 is same as ukulele (see the photo below). This is the recording of rubber soul.
    On an uke capo on 5 makes things pretty tight particularly with a soprano. But then you can play a C5 shape to get that G-chord sound equivalent. You can get the same effect without capo by playing a regular G chord but moving the pinky to 5th fret on A string and playing a D instead of B.

This is guitar room and I play this song on my guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by yahalele View Post
    This is guitar room and I play this song on my guitar.
    oops, never noticed the "guitar room" I just check new posts. sorry for confusion.

Thread Information