Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for non-chinese made ukulele

Default Looking for non-chinese made ukulele

Hello, i am looking for concert ukulele under 250€ (300$) that has been produced somewhere else than in China. Any suggestions? Thanx

Go to eBay and search Bruce Wei, his work is done in Vietnam, as does Pepe Romero.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

There are plenty options.
    Many are slightly above or close to your limit.

Bruko ukuleles are made in German. Their concerts are around 300 euro though.

The Magic Fluke company in the US makes som really nice sounding ukuleles with unorthodox shapes. You have to be prepared for some plastic parts though, and a wooden fretboard is not within your price range. At Justecordes.fr they have a few of them.

The Ponos are made in Indonesia, but are well above your price range, closer to 400 euro.

All the Hawaiian brands are obviously not made in China, but the are pricy.
    Last edited by UkingViking; 06-23-2019 at 08:48 PM.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

As other suggested, a lot of options out there for “not made in China”.

If you’re truly set on avoiding ukes constructed in China, you’ll want to avoid the more reasonably priced Kala and Ohana ukes.

The above said, those are some great ukuleles. The “made in China” stigma of inferior quality products is frankly a bit of a nationalistic piece of BS in my book. I don’t meant to judge your reasoning for avoiding ukes built in China, but did feel compelled to speak up against the antiquated idea of all Chinese-made things being of low quality.
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — 1918-19 Martin 2M Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

Buy used. You'll get a better deal for one not made in China. Most of the ukes sold are in really good condition.

I think that the Kanilea Islanders are not made in China, and sometimes you can find a nice one on sale under $250. Best strategy to get good value uke is to wait until new models come out and old stock is dumped at huge discount.

Bonanza ukuleles.
    - Laura

I'm selling an American-made Kala Elite all-koa tenor.
    ----------------------------------
    Mainland mahogany soprano
    Kala KA-SC
    Kala La Salle tenor

the Dominican Order: to praise, to bless, to preach

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I'm selling an American-made Kala Elite all-koa tenor.
    For <$300?? Where do I get in line?!
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — 1918-19 Martin 2M Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

Brüko ukulele ordered, thanx UkingViking. I rather support any other country than China when ever i can because everything is made in there these days... Not because of the quality.

Thread Information