Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wall hangers / hooks for ukulele

Question Wall hangers / hooks for ukulele

Hello! I'd like to hang my ukes on the wall. My house has a humidity controlled environment, so I am ok from that stand point. My guitars has been living on walls forever. But the hooks/hangers I use for guitars don't fit ukes well. The are too wide. I bought some cheap hooks with adjustable width and they kind of work. But the pegs are resting on the back of the hook , so it doesn't feel very secure. (please refer to an attached image)

So, are there hooks/hangers that are made specifically for ukuleles? Can someone recommend something? I need individual hooks, not a multi panel. This is a requirement, since I'll be hanging them in-between guitars. I did run a search on the forum and could not find a good coverage on this topic, but perhaps I just missed it. If so, please send me to the right discussion...

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NAFIGATOR; 06-27-2019 at 06:26 AM.

I use these. They work very well. I also have the matching guitar version. They are available in different woods as well.

I use those paracord yokes and hang them from a hook by the tuners.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

If you go to a home improvement store like Home Depot or Lowe's, in the storage section there are hooks for garden trowels that fit an ukulele's neck pretty perfectly. They're a dollar or two.

If you want to get really fancy (and who doesn't?), I recommend picking up some nylon twine and wrapping the hook to protect the finish. At that point they look great AND are cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    I use those paracord yokes and hang them from a hook by the tuners.
    I use a similar home-made arrangement hanging from a cup-hook screwed into the wall. For the weight of a ukulele it's more than adequate and costs just a few pence per instrument ... having said that, I use the same arrangement for my guitars, mandolins, dulcimer and banjos, nothing's fallen down yet

IMGP0641.jpg
    IMGP0642.jpg
    Last edited by kypfer; 06-27-2019 at 07:49 AM.
    There are those who will wax lyrical about the ability to play a double shuffle with a split fan and a tight G-string ...
    it just makes me walk funny!

Hercules GSP38WB. They grip the neck when hung and make it impossible for it to fall off. I have half a dozen of them around the house.

http://herculesstands.com/internatio...ngers/gsp38wb/
    Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTDP - Pono ATDC-CR

Pineapple and surfboard shaped ukulele hooks. https://www.amazon.com/String-Swing-...ateway&sr=8-10

If you want to use the hooks you already have, you could hang the ukulele upside down so that the upper bout, and not the pegs, were contacting the hook

Quote Originally Posted by ripock View Post
    If you want to use the hooks you already have, you could hang the ukulele upside down so that the upper bout, and not the pegs, were contacting the hook
    I actually thought of hanging them back to front, but how can a guy with a case of UAS hang his ukes and not see their front? Impossible!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NAFIGATOR; 06-27-2019 at 09:11 AM.

The hangers already listed above are by String Swing.

https://www.amazon.com/Ukulele-Hange...NM/?pldnSite=1

They are attractive, work very well and are made in America. I have 4 of them on my wall at home.
    There are cheaper options that are made over seas.
    My Ukes

Kiwaya KSU-1L
    Cordoba 15-CM
    Kala KA-ATP-CTG
    Pono AT

Thread Information