Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wall hangers / hooks for ukulele

Another vote for String Swing. I have several that work very well. Plenty of clearance for the tuners. Just be sure to buy the ukulele version, and not the guitar version.
    Jan D.
    KoAloha KCM-00
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele
    Kala KA-SLNG
    Flight TUS35

I don't like hanging up my ukes. With a little over sixty right now, I'd have to remove every else from the walls. Inside their cases, they're protected, and they stay clean. I keep a basic walnut Flea near my chair, and one or two others nearby in their cases. The only one that is hanging up is a soprano that I made into a clock. If I were to hang more, I would get these hangers.
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Q1WYX...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Ukulele Clock.jpg
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    I don't like hanging up my ukes. With a little over sixty right now, I'd have to remove every else from the walls. Inside their cases, they're protected, and they stay clean. I keep a basic walnut Flea near my chair, and one or two others nearby in their cases. The only one that is hanging up is a soprano that I made into a clock. If I were to hang more, I would get these hangers.
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Q1WYX...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Ukulele Clock.jpg
    My local uke shop has about the same or less number of ukes hanged on their walls. I would be spoilt for choices if you ever setup a shop.
    aNueNue Moon Bird US200 || Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Yamaha GL1
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

Another vote for the String Swing. My pineapple and my wife’s Rebel have permanent space on our bedroom wall using them.

They do make different sizes for different instruments, so be sure you’re looking at the ukulele/mandolin one of you go this route.
    Current UAS fallout:

Ohana SK-21A — ‘10s L. Nunes Ukulele 0 Hawaii Soprano — 1918-19 Martin 2M Soprano — ‘60s Kamaka ‘Keiki’ Soprano — ‘70s Kamaka White Label Soprano — Blue Frog Soprano — aNueNue Moon Bird US200 — Ohana SK-30L — Cocobolo Concert #382 (teak!) — Outdoor Ukulele Carbon Tenor — ‘50s Harmony Baritone

Mead Ambassador/Horticulturist at Heidrun Meadery since 2017

Teaching Music Together since 2019

String Swing is awesome. I mounted mine together on some barn wood. I used hair rubber bands to make a sort of seatbelt for them so that the ukes don't come out unless it is on purpose. I've also used the String Swing hangers for sax and clarinet--they look great together!

IMG_9305.jpg

I just got a couple CC01K hangers from String Swing. Wanted the flexibility to hang any of my instruments and haven't noticed a problem with my Kamaka that's currently on it not fitting due to it being a "guitar" hanger. They do a pretty good job posting specs and widths on their site so you can make a smart decision. I like that it has the dip in the design to cradle the uke front and back.
    Brad Bordessa

6th Sense Course - Learn to play Hawaiian-style, 6th harmonies

Listen to my ʻukulele podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bordessa View Post
    haven't noticed a problem with my Kamaka that's currently on it not fitting due to it being a "guitar" hanger.
    This depends a lot on the specific headstock and tuners. I have a mix of ukulele/mandolin hangers and guitar hangers. None of the guitars or basses (including the U-bass) fit in the ukulele/mandolin hangers. Most of the ukuleles will work in the guitar hangers: some (especially the tele-headed Fender) require tilting the hanger to an angle, and some hang by their tuner ears. The one with tuning pegs requires the ukulele hanger.

In addition to the string swings on the walls / racks, I have two that can clamp onto my music stand. I find this more convenient (for small instruments), safer, and with a smaller foot-print than using a floor stand.

Gentlemen, I'd like to thank you for all your suggestions. Based on majority of recommendation I purchased a String Swing hangers. Except I went for a different model than most. It's the same hook but with a different wall plate. Round black wall plate matches my other guitar hooks much better. Results are excellent, though: even my vintage Martin with a pretty small headstock fits great and pegs do not touch the hook. The model number of the hangers I got is CC02UK (in case someone else is searching this tread later looking for the same info). Thanks again.

string-swing.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mswiggins View Post
    The hangers already listed above are by String Swing.

https://www.amazon.com/Ukulele-Hange...NM/?pldnSite=1

They are attractive, work very well and are made in America. I have 4 of them on my wall at home.
    There are cheaper options that are made over seas.
    Just got one of these. Very pleased.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TeRYaAb2VFf1YcM68
    Uke with me if you want to live...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Russ View Post
    If you go to a home improvement store like Home Depot or Lowe's, in the storage section there are hooks for garden trowels that fit an ukulele's neck pretty perfectly. They're a dollar or two.

If you want to get really fancy (and who doesn't?), I recommend picking up some nylon twine and wrapping the hook to protect the finish. At that point they look great AND are cheap!
    Great idea! Gonna try that.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don't begin to know until you begin to try to do.

--Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thread Information