Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you play this chord?

Quote Originally Posted by yahalele View Post
    Hi, hhostrdr! It is difficult for me even on concert (see the photo below). I need soprano.

You make it look so eazzy! Thanks for posting
    Happy just to be a Newbie +, Penny

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    Attachment 119393

It’s the last chord in Daniel Ho’s Ho’okahi song.

Help...
    Hi Rich,

I have changed this to 2503, it's much easier for me to play & rings nicely with addition of the open e string. The picking pattern needs to be changed slightly for the second last bar but it's quite playable Also in bar 64, the second note, I play an open 1st string (A) instead of 5th fret 2nd string (A) by doing this it gives me a little more time to move my fretting hand into position
    Last edited by prb035; 07-03-2019 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    Looking at Bar 64, why do you have to hold the complete shape? The low D note is a short note, then you can move to the A, high F and high E. Maybe there is another edition of the book. My edition shows no chords. The only chords are in the standard notation music and TAB.
    I bought my copy on 3 July 2010 at the Cairns festival from Daniel Ho himself, he even did the credit card transaction and was manning the tent by himself, and I was the only customer. The book was published in 2010 and he may have brought it with him to the festival.
    I don't hold a chord shape for that bar Bill, I simply change the fretted A to an open A, it makes for one less note to fret as you move to the 8th fret Maybe I didn't explain it very well Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    I think Daniel would be pleased to see that people do not just blindly follow his arrangement. It is great to see UU members trying to play new tunes instead of looking at pretty wood all the time.
    There is no right way to play the music, the written versions are provided as a starting point not as something that must always be followed.
    Unless you want to do an "authentic cover" then you need to be true to the original.
    Thanks for your insight Bill I'm on quite a steep learning curve with the ukulele, but I'm enjoying every minute & these arrangements have been a huge inspiration & a joy to play

Quote Originally Posted by prb035 View Post
    You make it look so eazzy! Thanks for posting
    Hi, prb035!

A friend of mine visited my house today. He is very good guitar player much better than me. He plays latest finger picking solos and often teach me. He played 2258 on 7th and 9th capo. He could not . He said it is impossible even with capo 9 on guitar. It is very hard, isn't it. :-))

Quote Originally Posted by yahalele View Post
    Hi, prb035!

A friend of mine visited my house today. He is very good guitar player much better than me. He plays latest finger picking solos and often teach me. He played 2258 on 7th and 9th capo. He could not . He said it is impossible even with capo 9 on guitar. It is very hard, isn't it. :-))
    Yes, good point Woz, the 2258 shape is a very hard shape to fret, and for me, it puts unnecessary strain on my fretting hand, where the 7558 shape gives the same voicing without the same level of difficulty Thankzz!

Thread Information